07. 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙧

CHAPTER SEVEN

closer

"It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance"

-Xiaolu Guo

WARNING:
- angst

YOU and Suna walk back together to his office, as your thoughts took over. You couldn't help but wonder who Lena was, or what happened last night. You couldn't really comprehend anything between you and Suna right now, but you decided to keep your thoughts to yourself—waiting for a better time.

"Everything okay?" Suna asks. You answer with a smile and a nod, as you feel Suna grab your hand. He interlocks his fingers with yours, opening the door for you.

You and Suna work for a bit—sorting out business with different mafias, and keeping up with stock. The two of you made small talk as the time went by. Although, your curiosity took over, as you began to question.

"Hey um, are you going to that party tonight?" you ask, causing Suna to raise his eyebrow towards you.

"Why? Do you want to go?" He questions, as you play with your fingers. There was a quick silence, as Suna got up from his chair.

"Mm, so you do wanna go." You smile, giving Suna your puppy eyes. Suna just looks away, as he takes your hand making you stand up.

"If you want to go, I'll take you." He says, causing you to grin.

"Really? We don't have to go if you don't want to." You say softly, looking down. Suna takes his finger and picks your chin up.

"Of course. You think I'm gonna let you go alone?"

You just smile, as Suna brings you into his embrace. He wraps his arms around your waist, as your hands settle on his neck. You run your hands down the back of his neck, as you listen to his breathing against your chest.

"Let me take you out tonight." Suna states, causing you to look up at him.

"Really?! Like a date?! Where?" You ask excitedly. Suna just laughs at you, giving you a kiss on your forehead.

"It's a surprise, but dress nice." He says, rubbing your side. You grin at him, as you let your thoughts escape your mind. Well I guess they can wait...

Time skip:

Back at the underground, you and your grandfather talk for a while—catching him up about your life as an Immortal. Not that he cared, but you felt like you finally were living. You were now known more as an official part of the mafia, other than just a girl with a pretty face.