CHAPTER 2

Caleb fixed his suit and knocked on his niece's door. He was excited for Ivory knowing that she will finally graduate and become an independent woman. Not that he wanted to get rid of her, but he was proud of her and he was sure his sister would be proud of her too.

"Are you ready, pumpkin? You don't want to be late now, do you?" He asked. Ivory opened the door and appeared in the doorway. Caleb felt his eyes swell with tears seeing his beautiful niece.

"Aww, uncle Caleb. Don't cry." Ivory pouted and wiped his tears. He managed to put on a smile and kissed her forehead lightly.

"It's just...you look like your mother. Both of them would be so proud of you. I might have been overprotective over my little sister, but your father proved that she was the only one for him. I want you to find someone who will cherish you just like your father did." He told her. She couldn't spill her tears to not ruin her mascara, but she tried hard to take them back.

"I love you, uncle Caleb." And I love you, Aunt Hannah. Ivory sends a prayer to her late aunt, Caleb's mate. She passed away three years ago due to an illness and now it seems Caleb is getting older much faster.

"I love you too, Ivory." He sniffled and pulled away from the hug.

"We better get going." He ushered her towards the front door. Ivory could barely keep up in her heels. She hated wearing heels even on rear occasions.

She was excited, no doubt. She finally ended her education and it was time to get the job she always dreamed of. Maybe, she can look for her mate other than her high school building. She remembers that Abby made her step in every classroom to sniff for a mate, but it was no use.

Her uncle parked at the parking lot of the school and helped her to get out of his jeep. Other students were also arriving just now so she wasn't the only one late.

Her uncle had to stay behind the enormous hall while Ivory had to slip in her graduation gown and put on the cap. She took a seat where her name was and patiently waited for others to fill in. The hall was full of whispers and different kinds of smells.

Ivory couldn't understand why, but Kira was going crazy in her head. Ivory was genuinely confused at Kira's behavior.

"Kira, calm down. What's going on with you?" Ivory scolded her internally. The principal started his boring speech in the background and Ivory focused on Kira.

"I can feel him. He is somewhere here. Mate is here, Ivory!" She said excitedly. If Ivory could see her, she would probably be jumping up and down in happiness.

That gave huge hope to Ivory as she looked around her, but she couldn't decipher who might that be. Everyone in the hall looked completely normal and unbothered while the principal talked.

"Calm down first. And pray that he is here." Ivory told Kira as she shut off, but Ivory could hear her at the back of her mind. She was definitively excited and overwhelmed.

Then Alpha Darius appeared on the stage. He was the one as the leader of the pack to give out diplomas. Ivory was hit by the specific scent that she couldn't recognize from where it was coming. And she didn't want to lift her head and look at her Alpha.

Ivory could feel the tremble in her leg when they started called out names to get their diploma. They were called out by their surnames when she realized she was the fifth one in the row.

After her peer, John Abbey returned to his seat and she knew it was her turn. She almost choked out when her name was called. With trembling hands and shaky legs, she got up from the chair, causing the smell to get stronger.