CHAPTER 6

Ivory opened the door of the pack house, but before that, she sensed something was wrong. When she entered all eyes were on her. Darius's look softened as she approached him and hugged his waist. Ivory sensed he was upset and the cause might have been his mother.

Helen stared at them with jealousy. She didn't want Ivory to be next Luna. Because she knew she couldn't order her around. But Layla could. Layla was the daughter of former Alpha's friend. She always played with Darius when they were children, but he never thought about her more than a friend. There was a secret Layla held that nobody found out yet.

"What's going on, Darius?" Ivory asked, feeling his body still tense. Before Darius could respond, Helen cut him off.

"That's none of your concern, little girl. You came here two days ago and you think you have to know everything." Helen lectured her. After what happened with Abby, she was too tired to say something back.

"I know you're his mother, but you shouldn't make my mate upset." Ivory retorted. Darius didn't expect her to answer like that, but he was glad she did or another endless fight would have occurred between him and his mother.

"That's right, I'm his mother and will talk to him however I want. I can't believe you even like her." Helen said to Darius.

"I'm done with you for today. Be grateful that she arrived on time because you were getting on my nerves more and more. I don't like to fight you, but you're crossing a line sometimes." Darius said without remorse.

Helen felt angry with her son's voice as she stormed upstairs. Ivory loosened her arms around his waist and sighed softly. Her day started good, but it went down the drain in just a few hours.

"I'm sorry about her. She can be too much sometimes." Darius lifted her chin as he spoke.

"I don't know why she doesn't like me. I never did anything wrong to her in these two days." Ivory explained as she teared up again. It was embarrassing for her to start crying in front of someone, but everything that happened today saddened her and she couldn't bear it all.

"Stop crying." He said as he harshly wiped her cheeks.

"You did nothing wrong and I don't want you to shred a tear for her. Do you understand me?" He said warningly and she nodded quickly.

"I'm sorry." She said, drying her remaining tears.

"Don't apologize." He mumbled, realizing he spoke a bit harsher to her. He fixed her cute headband and smoothed out her soft hair.

"I went to the store." She said, showing him the bag.

"What did you buy?" He asked with a smile, trying to cheer her a little.

"I bought the ingredients for cakes and cookies. Do you like cookies?" She asked, starting to feel excited.

"I do. Do you need help with baking?" He asked.

"No, I will do it by myself." She grinned.

"Alright then. I will be in my office. If you need something, call me." She nodded as Darius leaned to kiss her cheek, before going upstairs.

She squealed quietly and went into the kitchen. She set out everything from the bag on the countertop. The cookies her uncle gave her disappeared the next morning. It turned out the culprit was Lucy who had eaten them all. Lucy couldn't believe how good they were, so one by one, she finished the entire box.

She turned down to baking when she tied the apron around her waist. Ivory always enjoyed baking because she always helped her aunt in the kitchen. She missed her uncle even if it has between two days only.