CHAPTER 16

The pack settled down and people came out of the house in relief when they heard Alpha's howl. But Darius wasn't okay. As soon as he finished, he fell on the ground, shifting in the process.

Jasper quickly reached him and few men shifted to put Darius on Jasper's back. Jasper was a quick wolf and he managed to get to the pack's hospital in no time. Darius was already unconscious before they arrived in the hospital.

Doctors immediately set him for surgery to fix his bloody wound. Jasper already shifted and mind linked Lucy.

"Lucy? Can you hear me?" Jasper called her softly. Lucy was in the middle of running towards the hospital when she heard one of the people say Alpha got hurt.

"I hear you. How is my brother?" She asked worriedly.

"He is in the surgery. But he will be fine." He reassured her.

"I will be there soon."

"Tell Ivory about him." Jasper said before Lucy cut the mind link off.

How could Lucy tell Ivory that Darius was badly hurt? She would go insane, but she knew she couldn't keep it a secret. So she mind linked Ivory who was still with Olga.

"Ivory, come to the hospital." Those words made Ivory's heart beat rapidly against her chest. She didn't like the sound of her rushed voice and she knew it had connections with Darius.

She bid goodbye to Olga before going to the pack's hospital. She felt the pain in her chest for a short while but thought nothing of it. Now she knew Darius was hurt. She started getting emotional and worried as tears sprung in her eyes.

She was only in a hoodie and satin pajama shorts with pair of flip flops hurriedly walking to reach the hospital. Lucy arrived before Ivory and met with Jasper. Two mates hugged each other tightly releasing all the tension they kept in for a while.

"I missed you so much." Jasper whispered.

"I missed you too. Are you hurt?" She asked, looking at his body. He had a few scratches on his chest, but not deep wounds.

"I'm okay. Where have you been? You were supposed to stay in the safe room." Jasper furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I was on my way to help you out, but Darius's howl made me stop. Until you called." She said, ignoring his hard glare.

"You could have gotten hurt. How could I live without you then?" He scolded her.

"I'm sorry, but I know how to fight." She said stubbornly. He frowned and hugged her again. Jasper deeply cared about Lucy and couldn't imagine if something happened to her.

"Where is he?" Ivory asked running towards the couple. She was out of breath when she finally reached the hospital.

"He is in the surgery." Lucy said, helping her sit. Ivory caught her breath after few moments.

"Jasper, what happened?" Ivory asked.

"As soon as we got a call that the rouges entered the territory, we packed up and returned. Our men were still strong and rouges had no chances of winning. Darius attacked Kyle and spoke something to him that made him claw at his chest. Darius then snapped his neck." Ivory grimaced just imagining the sight.

"Kyle was the traitor, wasn't he?" Ivory asked. Jasper nodded in agreement.

"And bastard wanted me to come to the battlefield." Ivory hissed, rubbing her stomach to calm down.

"I'm happy now that you didn't listen to him. He could have hurt you." Lucy scoffed.

"And I think your friend Abby is, well was, his mate. She ran away before I could catch her." Jasper said. Ivory was shocked and disgusted.

"You need to find her, Jasper, and bring her to me." Ivory fumed.

"I will." He nodded.

Doctors were soon out of the room bringing out Darius with them. He was stitched up with a white bandage covering his chest. Ivory's chin trembled at the sight of him when she brushed her hand against his.

Darius was brought into the room where they settled him on the bed. He was still under the effect of sedatives as they waited for him to wake up and by the doctor's words, he would be up soon.

Ivory sat beside him and took ahold of his hand. The same sparks flew up to her arm when she touched him. They haven't seen each other for a month and now finally they are together, but he is hurt.

Lucy and Jasper left her alone to give her private time together. Ivory took his arm and brought it to her cheek. His skin always brought her comfort and warmth.

"I miss you. You got me scared. What would I do without you?" She whispered. She leaned back in the chair and put her hand on the stomach. She still couldn't believe that she had their pup in her womb. The feeling was still incredible to her.

It was funny how they spoke about having pups just before his leaving when they already conceived one. The fact that her pup will come out in less than four months, scared her. But she knew she could endure it. She would do anything for her family.

Lucy and Jasper were in the cafeteria buying food and drink for themselves and Ivory, who in the meanwhile, has fallen asleep. Lucy informed Jasper about Ivory's pregnancy and he couldn't be more proud that his best friend would become a father. Now, he secretly wanted that for himself.

After few hours, Darius has come to consciousness and opened his eyes with difficulty. He realized he was in the hospital and he felt something heavy on his right hand when he saw Ivory sleeping peacefully. He smiled softly seeing his tired mate sleeping soundly.

"Baby?" He rasped making her wake up. She blinked few times and widened her eyes. She cupped his face with both hands checking if he really woke up.

"Long time no see." He smirked.

A/N

The end is coming soon. Vote and comment.

Song: peachy (feat. reisha) - lover boy