CHAPTER 7

"Another rouge attack, Darius?" Jasper asked Darius who stood still in his chair.

"At the west side of the border. They are getting more often every time now. I don't know how to react anymore." Darius explained, rubbing his temples with the tip of his fingers.

"Maybe we should investigate into that matter more." Jasper suggested.

"But isn't that all doubtful? Who would have known that just today we lacked guards? It has to be a rat in the pack." Darius exclaimed.

"I was thinking about the same matter too. But who may that be?" Jasper said thoughtfully.

"We need to be careful and put more guards on the border. I can't risk my pack's safety." Darius answered.

"That's a good idea. I will meet them first." Jasper retreated from the office and went to do his duty.

Darius looked at the plate of chocolate cookies his mate made. He took one and started munching on it. It felt delicious in his mouth, especially when he knew it was coming from his mate's hands.

He heard a knock on the door of his office and said 'enter' before he saw a pair of chocolate-colored legs step inside his office and revealed Layla in her tight skimpy outfit. He groaned internally but to not become rude, he gave her a little smile.

"What brings you here, Layla?" Darius asked her.

She stepped to the chair in front of his desk and took a seat. Her dress hiked up to uncovered her long legs that every male seems to look at. She felt proud of it.

"I thought about visiting you. I missed you, Darius." She said shamelessly.

"I guess I don't need to send you an invitation as you are already here. In three weeks are Lucy's birthday and my mate's Luna ceremony. You are invited of course." He watched as her smile faltered and that made him oddly pleased.

"Yes, sure. I can't wait for little Lucy's birthday." She started, totally ignoring the part about the ceremony.

He nodded curtly seeing her hateful expression. He always knew she was trying too hard to get his attention. But she wasn't his mate. The only woman on his mind was Ivory and no one else.

Layla stood up and slowly started to approach the other side of his desk. She put her bottom on the edge of his desk. She tried to act seductive but it was effortless because Darius didn't pay her mind.

"I remember when we were kids. We loved to play together." She said softly. She tried to make him give in by reminiscing about old times. When he tried to shrug her off, the door of the office opened widely.

Ivory's form was standing in the doorway as she looked at the two of them. She was confused seeing them so close. Her eyes ranked over her outfit and she would never admit it but she felt a little bit uncomfortable. Who would even wear something so short that couldn't even cover her bottom? But she also knew she had a body better than hers.

Darius opened his arms and called her over with the look of his eyes. She understood and walked over to him with a smile on her face. Still sitting in his chair, he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Layla could only watch them being so lovely together. She was burning with jealousy.

"Have you liked those cookies?" Ivory asked, softly rubbing the nape of his neck. He squeezed her waist and nodded smiling. Ivory turned to look at Layla who at the couple.

"Hello, I am Luna Ivory. And you are?" Ivory smiled sweetly and extended her hand in her direction. Layla masked her envy by shaking her hand back.

"I'm Layla. Darius's childhood friend and we still are." She smiled sweetly, looking at Darius, but he seemed busy playing with Ivory's butterfly ring. His ignoring made her angrier and more jealous.

Ivory could sense something in her tone when she spoke about still being friends with him. She was thinking that those two had more things in common than she assumed.

"That's very nice. I'm glad to meet someone close to Darius. Maybe, you can tell me his childhood secrets." Ivory laughed sweetly, making Layla dying inside, but like a lying woman she was, she covered it all with a fake smile.

"Hey! I won't let you find out that information." Darius whined playfully and pulled her closer. Ivory giggled and pinched his cheek. Layla was surprised to see him so comfortable and even smiling.

"I'll make sure to tell you everything you need to know." Layla said with a sickly sweet smile.

She made a plan to be nice to her then crush her dreams and hopes about her mate. Then after she rejects him, he would reach for comfort in her arms.

"I'll leave you two love birds alone. But I will see you soon." She reached closer and hastily kissed both of Ivory's cheeks. Ivory was surprised at the sudden movement but still smiled.

Darius muttered a 'bye' before she left his office. He sighed in relief when she was no longer in sight and relaxed back in his chair.

''She seemed nice. But her dress was a maybe smaller size than her actual size.'' Ivory chuckled innocently.

''I believe all her clothes are the smaller size.'' Darius scoffed, looking at their intertwined fingers on both hands. They fitted perfectly together.

''She is very pretty too.'' Ivory said, already comparing herself with her.

''She is dumb. And beauty can't cover her lacking brain cells.'' Darius remarked.

''You're being so mean now.'' Ivory pouted playfully. A little smile played on his lips.

They stayed a few moments in silence before Ivory spoke again.

''Is the work going on well? Are there any problems I could help you with maybe?'' She asked concerningly.

''There have been often rouge attacks on the borders when there are fewer guards at the day. I feel like there is someone in the pack who is telling all the secrets and weaknesses to rouges. I'm afraid this is a warning for something that may come. But you don't have to concern yourself. I will take care of it.'' He explained and kissed her knuckles.

She blushed at his actions. She enjoyed feeling his plump lips on her skin. They were so soft and feathery when he touched her.

''Don't get hurt please.'' She whispered scaredly. He nodded and watched as her lips quirked up in a smile.

A/N

Layla is a bitch. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Song: khalid - better