CHAPTER 19

"Are you sure about this, Darius?'' Ivory asked reluctantly.

''For the hundredth time, I am. I won't allow us to live with the toxic person like my mother is. I considered her to move out, but I knew she lived here for years. It would be unacceptable.'' He explained.

''I understand. I love you and I agree with you because I know that this is the best for us.'' She smiled and kissed him softly.

''And we are going to need a bigger house because this little one won't be the only one,'' Darius smirked teasingly.  Ivory's cheeks heated up as she hid her face in his chest. Of course, both of them wanted kids.

''I love you, baby.'' He whispered.

Their little moment was interrupted when there was a knock on the door of Darius's office. Ivory pulled away to look at Jasper who's face was serious. She knew something was wrong from the moment she saw him.

''What's the matter, Jasper?'' Ivory asked, getting concerned.

''I found Abby. She is in the cells.'' Suddenly, Ivory was consumed with anger as she removed Darius's hands and rushed out of the office. Darius and Jasper ran after her as she got out of the house.

The cells were in the building where rouges were held after trespassing the border, or the pack members who committed a crime against the pack's rules.

Ivory passed the guards as she tried to detect Abby's scent. Once she did, she was soon standing in front of her cell. Abby was against the wall seeming quite calm. She looked up noticing Ivory's presence as a sick smile reached her face. Ivory couldn't bear the sight of her after what happened.

''Missed me?'' Abby sneered.

''Open the cell.'' She ordered with the luna voice and guards have obeyed her. She entered the cell and slapped the living daylights out of Abby as her head moved to the side because of the impact.

Ivory smelled Darius's scent, knowing he was behind her but he didn't want to interfere. He knew Ivory was pissed and he didn't want to be the next victim.

''How could you? We were best friends and you stabbed me in the back.'' Ivory yelled.

''I was never your friend. But the truth is that I used you. And you were stupid to even think I would be friend with someone dumb like you.'' Abby growled.

''You're disgusting. I pray for you to burn in hell with your crazy mate.'' Ivory spat. That triggered Abby as she lunged at Ivory but Darius stopped her and shoved her against the wall.

''Try touching her and you die,'' Darius spoke as Ivory shook with fear. Her hand landed on her stomach. She could've hurt her baby.

Abby slid down the wall gasping for air when Darius pulled Ivory back out of the cell. Guards locked the door again leaving Abby alone. Jasper returned with them back at home where Lucy met them all. She was in the middle of eating her snack when they entered the house.

She saw how shaken up Ivory was but with the look of Jasper, she didn't want to ask too many questions and bother Ivory. She realized she was in a fragile state.

Ivory was distressed at what happened at the cell that she immediately started crying when they reached their room. She was hurt and sad but blamed herself.

''Why are you crying, baby?'' Darius panicked as he sat her on their bed.

''I shouldn't have said that. I never wished something bad for anyone and it made me feel awful when I said to her to burn in hell. But I was angry at her for planning with Kyle to hurt us.'' She sobbed.

''You're too kind, Ivory. They both did awful things to us and I believe it wasn't enough what you said to her. But she will suffer either way. Just don't beat up yourself because of that. You need to think of our pup and try to stay calm.'' Darius reassured her and wiped her tear-stained cheeks.

''I know. I'm sorry.'' She apologized.

''You don't have to be sorry when you did nothing wrong.'' Darius chuckled at the little pout on her lips.

''She almost hurt me and our pup. I can't forgive her that. Does that make me a bad person?'' She asked.

''Of course not. You're the kindest person I ever met. You can't possibly be bad.'' Darius reassured and kissed her plush cheek.

She snuggled closer to him as he caressed her bump that seemed to grow each day. He smiled thinking about holding his pup soon. He promised himself to be the best father to his children.

''I'm tired but I want to help you pack.'' Ivory said.

''Then rest and I will finish packing our stuff. Alright? You can help me when you rest.'' She nodded and got under the sheets.

''Darius?'' She called him while he was in the closet packing their last garments.

''Yes, baby?''

''I love you.'' She smiled victoriously.

''I know and I love you too.'' He chuckled. They did love each other.

***

Ivory prepared food for the dinner where Lucy and Jasper would join, and Helen if she wanted. But she didn't show up in the end.

Ivory wanted to have dinner together with everyone as they decided to move out the next day. She was sad about leaving Lucy and Jasper together with Helen, but she also agreed with Darius's decision.

The thing she loved the most in their relationship was talking about everything with each other. They were each other's best friends. She loved him for that.

"I will miss you, guys!" Lucy pouted.

"Lucy, we are going to be two streets away." Darius deadpanned.

"But still...we are not going to have dinners together anymore." She protested making Jasper chuckle.

"Calm down. I'm sure we can come when we want to. And another way." Ivory smiled, feeling a bit better with her own words.

"I know."

A/N

Aww. This is the last chapter before the epilogue. Thank you for sticking up with me and I hope you enjoyed this sweet story.

Song: michael buble - feeling good