CHAPTER 4

Ivory's thoughts were full about her mate. She was curious to know how does the packhouse looks like and who lives there. She met Beta Jasper a few times but never talked to him in person. She heard that Beta is still mateless, but very nice, unlike Alpha Darius.

But still, her mate was the most handsome to her. And she liked him a lot. The mate bond was supposed to connect them, but it was real feelings that did. Just like Ivory, Alpha Darius also thought about her all the time, even dreamed of her since they met a few days ago.

The only thing he said to his family at home was that he found his mate. That was it. Darius was a man of a few words and he didn't like to be questioned. Everyone in the house was hectic about meeting Ivory.

She was in her room, packing her last things. She sighed as she brought the picture of her, her uncle, and aunt Hannah to the suitcase. She will be missing her house even tho she knew she could visit whenever she wanted. But the feeling wouldn't be the same.

Finally done with two suitcases, she pulled them out of the room to the hallway. Her uncle put the cookies in the plastic box to keep them warm and put them in her hands.

"Here is the little gift before leaving so you don't miss my cooking much." He said. Her eyes watered for the second time today as she threw her arms around his uncle.

"I will miss you, uncle Caleb." She sniffled softly in her uncle's chest. He wrapped his frail arms around her frame and returned her tight hug.

"I will miss you too but expect me soon. I will come to visit you to make sure you're fine." He informed her.

"Alright. I will expect you." She chuckled and pulled away from the hug. She wiped her fallen tears and got ahold of the suitcase. Caleb helped her with another one as they got out of the house.

It was the beginning of June and the weather was perfectly warm. She decided to wear a peach dress and leave a good first impression. She was excited to meet his mother and sister, already knowing that Darius's father was deceased.

They waited for a few minutes until Darius arrived in front of their porch with his black Chevrolet Silverado. Ivory was surprised to see him with that big amazing car. It suited him to drive this type of car.

He got out of the car and Ivory could feel her heart speed up. He looked amazing and she couldn't take her eyes off of his bulging muscles of his arms. He shook her uncle's hand while smiling softly.

"Take good care of her." Caleb said.

"I promise."

Darius helped her to put the suitcases in the back of the truck while she hugged her uncle for the last time before climbing into the passenger seat.

Her uncle waved to her as they started going and returned to the empty house. He felt an enormous sadness, but she knew his niece would be happy with her mate.

In the car, Ivory leaned on the window as she was looking at houses passing before her eyes. Darius sensed her sadness and reached his hand across her small one. She looked at his hand on top of hers then moved her hand to clasp his. They fitted perfectly.

"I know it's hard to leave, but he can come whenever he wants and you can go visit whenever. No one will stop you." Darius reassured her as Kira and Ivory swooned over him all over again.

"I know. But I spent my whole life with him. He raised me so it's hard to leave." She explained.

"I understand. It will be okay." He rubbed his thumb against her soft skin and that comforted her. For the first time, they were in comfortable silence, not the awkward one they encountered the first few times.