Chapter 7

**Just saying guys, New Barcelona is what used to be Spain :D****

                She brought the Craft down to a steady stop. I sat upright on the bench, looking around confused. Sofia had flicked the cover onto the window so that I couldn’t see outside, nor could anyone see in.

                An overhead light flickered on, the only reason I could see her. It was dim, her features not as prominent as before.

                She stood up, her hands on her hips. “Alright, Clay, we’re just outside of London.”
                “Is that where John is?” I asked

                She rolled her eyes “No, this is where Zee should be. Duh.”

                “Sorry” I muttered sarcastically. She shot me a look, but ignored my comment.

                “We have a problem.”

                “Continue…” I prompted, though I already knew the problem: me.

                “Well, you can’t very well walk out on the streets looking like…that” She made a face, motioning to my figure. I looked down, confused. What was wrong with me? “And I can’t risk you staying in the Craft by yourself.”

                “Wait, hold up.” I interrupted “What’s wrong with how I look?”

                “You’re… well… you’re a boy!” She said “You can’t go out into one of the most heavily populated cities in the world when you’re hated by every single girl out there!”

                “Oh…” I said.

                I hadn’t thought of that.

                “Why can’t I stay in the Craft while you look?” I asked. It would be my best bet.

                “Because what if someone notices that something’s moving in the Craft? They’ll come to inspect. And then what if she finds you? We’ll both be killed!”

                “Why would you?”

                “Because this is treason!”

                I blinked, “Oh.”

                “I swear, you’re such a stupid species.”

                I clenched my fists, trying to hold back my comments. She was getting on my nerves. Who did she think she was to call boys stupid?

                “Alright so, Clay, this is what’s going to happen.”

                I watched as she thought for a moment, trying to sort out her idea.

                “We’re going to have to pretend you’re a DQ.”

                “DQ?” I asked.

                “You know, Drag Queen, when a girl is trapped in a guy’s body?” She explained “DQ’s are fairly common on the Girl’s Side, but they’re not exactly… accepted.”

                “Dammit.” I muttered “You mean I have to dress up like a girl now?”

                “And pretend you’re one.”
                “How do I do that?”