12 | The King's Speech

(3rd Person POV)
| School Garden |

Herkie, Alex, Elle, and Ben were sitting in the garden as the adults held their meeting

"What do you think they're gonna talk about?" Herkie asks, making the five look at him. "I mean it's not every day King Florian holds a meeting especially out of the blue"

"And it's not every day Queen Leah starts a brawl." Elle replies, "And besides knowing King Florian his probably gonna give a lecture to all of them"

"As we all should be doing and receiving, I wish my dad would do that" Ben joins, as he looks at his reflection through the pond "I wish I could do that"

"Ben.. not all parents are perfect" Elle states. "And stop beating yourself down, you did the best you can."

"Well, I could've done better-"

"But you did your best, and that's what matters" She interrupts, "So shut up and stop stressing about it"

The silence was greeted again as the group of friends await as the sound of the bell was heard as the Royal Meeting was commenced.

As it goes Ari enters the garden taking the attention of everyone but Ben.

"Hey Ari.." Alex greets. "Did you find her?"

"Find who?" Ben asks finally gaining their attention.

"Heather." She answers and Ben looks at her questionably. "Queen's Orders Ben."

"Ahh..." He smiles a little in realization. "Gotcha."

"Well, I also found someone else." She points to the girl in green who has a smile on her face.

"Been a long time huh?" Tia calls, Elle immediately wheels towards her with a grin on her face. 

"TIA!" Tia hugs Elle while the other smiles towards the interaction. "Where were you? I was looking for you the whole day!"

— —

"Wow..." Ben mutters as he takes in the story that was told. "I mean Audrey was just being Audrey but Jane..."

"Well..." Herkie starts, as he pats his knees to stand up. "That's what a bad choice of friends and bad influence does to you" 

"Yeah..." The group continued to talk and chatter about random things while Alex walks towards Ari as she leans closer. "Where's Finn?"

"With Heather..." She whispers back. "Hopefully Heather will take my advice"

"What advice?"

~~Flashback~~

"What do you think about us?" Heather asks as they walked through the halls. "About me and Finn?"

"If I'm being honest I think you guys deserve each other" She answers. "I mean I never saw Finn smile like that even when we were kids."

"The way he smiles whenever he talks about you talks to you, or even if someone mentions you.." She continues. "I never saw that ever... and I've known the guy my whole life."

"And that's saying something."

The two laughed as they come near the Queen's Temporary Quarters.

"Look I know Audrey and the others were out of the line earlier, but always remember this." She states as they halt in front of the massive wooden carved door. "Finn is a lot of things, but being judgmental is not of them"

"And if I were in your position that's what matter"

"Her Royal Highness Princess Arianne of the Seaside and The Atlantic has returned with the guest."

"Ah... Let them in." The door opens revealing the Queen and Finn sitting opposite of each other.

"Your Majesty" Ari courtesies, while Heather bows silently.

"Arianne..." The Queen and Ari exchange kisses on the cheek while Heather stares down not noticing a pair of blue eyes staring right at her. "Thank you so much dear, I'll take it from here"

Ari bows once again as she pats Heather in the shoulder whilst whispering..

"Do what you think is best for you"

~~Present~~

"Great advice" Alex whispers, as Ari giggles in the response as the other looks at them weirdly.

"I am the Future King's Advisor aren't I?" 

| The Grand Hall |

Meanwhile...

Whispers were heard on the other side of the only entrance of the hall as the Kings and Queens of the Land were gathered as per-command by the King.

"Ladies and Gentlemen" Doc calls, as the doors that lead to the Kings and Queens Quarters opens. "King Florian and King Beast"

The two kings walk alongside together as they walk to their respective thrones as the audience bow in respect as they approach nearer at their objective.

"And at last, The Royal Consorts" Doc proceeds, "Queen Snow and Queen Belle "

The four approached the all-bit small thrones that were placed in the school as the rest of the audience retracted from their bow and sat once again.

"Thank you all for coming at such short notice." Florian begins. "But there is a matter that I wish to discuss"

The King stood up leaving the audience in the question as he broke protocol.

"We are in modern times my friends" He starts as the silence filled the room. "The old rules of our forefathers made doesn't apply to us anymore as per seen in recent history"

"So tell me..." He points out to the window where the event took place just moments ago. "What was that out there?"

"What was that display to our guests?" No answer was heard as the King sighs in mere-defeat.

"We are meant to be the role models for the new generation..." He continues. "Role models to our own children."

"And how we acted today is unacceptable." At the corner of his eye, he saw King Philip and King Charming bow their head in embarrassment as their wives comfort them. "Now I know we all have expressed our opinions about the proclamation, Prince Ben made but let me tell you mine."

"And this will probably be my last lesson or speech that I can give to you all as King of Auradon but... going back to the proclamation..."

"I didn't approve about it just like most of you" As the words were revealed Snow look at her husband weirdly as everyone sat there in shock at the answer. "Although I didn't necessarily approve the proclamation that was made, they are right about one thing."

"All of us deserve a second chance"

— —