prologue

It was a bright spring afternoon when Renjun roamed the city of Busan, a bit farther from his home that now resided on Seoul.

The boy simply wanted to explore, admiring the beauty of the streets and the buildings that he saw.

It was truly an experience to finally have alone time rather than be surrounded by his 6 friends and their 3 soulmates. He loved them all, he really did but there are definitely times where he simply wanted to stay alone.

So now the Chinese boy roamed around, taking in the scent of the outside world but also making sure to not hit anybody as he walked.

After a few minutes of walking, Renjun heard his stomach growl and decided to go ahead and look for a nearby restaurant to eat at.

After finding one that had the order he wanted, he began making his way to the place and entered, immediately greeted by the scent of the traditional foods given there.

A kind elderly lady stood at the front, a warm smile on her face as she looked at the young boy.

"Hello. Table for how many?" The woman asked to which Renjun quickly replied with "One please."

The kind woman nodded and lead the boy to an empty table, freshly cleaned from the previous people.

"Someone will be here to take your order shortly." The woman informed Renjun who gave a warm smile in return before looking at the menu.

After about a minute, another person came up to him. It was a girl and she was pretty, quite young and Renjun presumed she was around her age. She also seemed vaguely familiar to the boy.

"Hi! What would you like to drink?" The girl asked as she quickly adjusted the ponytail that held her thick, dyed hair in place.

"A cola, please." Renjun said with a smile as his eyes observed her, trying to figure out where he knew her from.

The girl gave a quick nod before leaving, going to make his drink and giving the boy some time to figure out his order. She was also wondering why the hell that pretty boy looked so familiar.

Not too long after, the girl returned with his drink and placed it in front of him, making sure not to spill any.

"Are you ready to order?" She asked as she pulled out her pen and notepad, ready to write down what he says.

Renjun nodded before telling her his order, making her write it down very precisely and repeating it to make sure she got it down right.

Once Renjun confirmed, she gave him a quick smile before heading back to the kitchen where the cooks began to make his meal.

As Renjun waited, he continued trying to figure out what made the girl so familiar. He could've sworn he had seen her face before.

"Here's your meal!" The girl announced a few minutes later, snapping Renjun out of his thoughts.

She ever so gently placed the food on the table while Renjun stated in awe, ready to devour the entirety of it all.

"Let me know if you need anything else." She told him before turning away and walking off.

Unbeknownst to Renjun, the girl immediately furrowed her brows as she tried to figure out why that boy looked so familiar in her eyes as well. She knew she saw him before but where?

After a good half an hour or so, Renjun had finished his meal and was handed a check.

"Please pay at the front." She told him as she placed the receipt for his meal on his table and he gave a simple nod as he helped clean up his table a bit. He didn't want to give the waitress a hard time with his mess.