eighteen

Sooyeon sat on the couch, Sunhi in her arms.

Why was Sunhi there? Because Sooyeon invited Kyungmi so the babies could meet. However, another person- or people- decided to tag along.

Coincidentally, when Sooyeon called Kyungmi, both Chenle and Jisung were there as well, visiting to try and bother Jeno.

So now, Kyungmi, Jisung, Chenle and Sooyeon sat in the living room. With everyone there, Sooyeon was on the verge of calling Yunhee to bring Kyungsan with all the babies in the house.

"Kyungsan wouldn't want to. He's like 3 or 4 years old now. I don't know how much fun he'd have with babies a few months old along with Sunhi who's only like 1." Kyungmi told Sooyeon who looked at the babies, seeing Sunhi get slightly confused with the twins.

"Guess you're right." Sooyeon said as she waved at Sunhi, making the baby smile.

In the middle of the babies playing with toys, Jisung suddenly got up and picked Yejun up, bright smile on his face which Yejun instantly copied.

"I love when he does that." Jisung said as he continued making faces, laughing at how Yejun copied immediately.

Chenle was holding Dea, the girl still petty over how he teased her with the food.

"Can babies even hold grudges this long?" Chenle asked as he tried to feed Dea some baby food only for her to shake her head and smack his hand.

"Honestly.. I don't even know. Sunhi wasn't like that." Kyungmi said before laughing at Dea's attitude towards the boy.

"Okay well you and Jeno are like sweet. These two... have one parent that is pretty mean and I'm not gonna say who but it definitely isn't Sooyeon." Chenle said, looking away as he practically implied Renjun was the 'mean' parent.

"Okay, hey- he hasn't been mean to me or the babies. Maybe gets sassy butttt that's kind of expected?" Sooyeon said and Jisung laughed a bit.

"He's not mean to you cause you're his soulmate. He doesn't wanna give you that bad impression. Even then, when he's 'mean', it's for jokes. He likes to get sassy though." Jisung said and poked his tongue out in front of Yejun's face, showing him the art of teasing.

"Okay now we gotta practice this for your dad." Jisung muttered to the baby and continued sticking his tongue out which Yejun copied, making everyone laugh.

Sooyeon playfully rolled her eyes at what the younger was teaching her son before picking up Sunhi who was more than glad to go into her arms.

"How was she? Like, when you and Jeno were first soulmates." Sooyeon asked and Kyungmi smiled as she recalled her memories.

"She was an angel.. for some parts. On our first night of having her, she refused to stop screaming until Jeno and I slept in the same bed. Then when we both left her with Jaemin to babysit, she apparently cried so much that she tired herself out. She even made us kiss in front of her one time." Kyungmi laughed out as she tickled her baby who was in Sooyeon's arms, causing her to giggle.

"But I now know that she did all that because she's a soulmate baby. She was trying to bring us together." Kyungmi continued, smiling at her baby and quietly thanking her for helping her and Jeno become closer.

"Have the twins done anything like that?" Kyungmi asked Sooyeon who shrugged in response.

"Renjun and I were already slightly familiar with each other. We had slept in the same bed the day we got the twins but that's cause it was too late for him to go home. Then the next, we had spent the day together. Him and I were already hugging by a few days in. Now small kisses on each other's faces happen. Without the twins, though, we probably would have been extremely awkward. We needed to help each other out because of the twins and we got closer from it. Plus, they made us kiss and hug once and are constantly keeping us in a good mood." Sooyeon said as she smiled, reliving the very short yet amazing week and a half they had.

"Renjun's amazing. He's an amazing guy and I really feel myself falling for him. My only problem is.. what if it's moving too fast? And what if he changes his mind about me once he finds out what happened in our high school." Sooyeon said, clearly in a slightly saddened mood and the twins could recognize it.

Dea lightly hit Chenle's shoulder and pointed to her mom, signaling she wanted to go with her. Yejun did the same with Jisung.

"Well, there's this thing called the Soulmate Effect. It practically forces you to fall for each other fairly quickly. That's why you get random urges to be affectionate even when doing nothing. I felt the same with Jeno." Kyungmi told her and took Sunhi back as Chenle and Jisung handed Sooyeon the twins.

"As for the high school thing, we know Renjun. He's got a kind heart even when he acts mean. He wouldn't judge you over something like that. I mean, none of us can see a reason for him to ever hate you. After all, it was immature as hell for them to do that to you. It was so obvious that they were jealous. After all, you were the popular one." Chenle pointed out, making Sooyeon laugh a bit as she recalled the friends she had in high school only for it to fall as she remembered how they left her over something so immature.

"But Renjun wouldn't see you any different. That man is whipped for you and I doubt it would change cause of the stuff from high school." Chenle assured Sooyeon, a sad smile appearing on her face.

"Thanks guys." She said and wiped down the tears that threatened to fall while the twins hugged her torso, wanting their mom to feel better and hoping for their dad to come to help cheer her up and strengthen their relationship.

As if on cue, Renjun appeared from the front door, a sigh escaping his lips from his tiring day.

That was when his eyes came across everyone in his living room.

"What's going on?" Renjun asked with a slight laugh. Jisung took that as cue to take Yejun back from Sooyeon and walk to the older.

"Okay.. 3, 2, 1!"

Jisung stuck his tongue out at Renjun which Yejun copied.

All Renjun could do was shake his head and sigh at the new trick his youngest friend taught his baby.