three

"You have got to be kidding me." Renjun muttered as he laid his eyes on the baby that Sooyeon was with.

Sooyeon noticed him and waved him over, telling him to go to her. She noticed his slightly shocked face and was really hoping it wasn't because she was his soulmate.

"Is that- um- ours?" Renjun asked as soon as he stepped in front of Sooyeon, pointing to the baby. He didn't even bother to say hello.

"Did your... note not tell you?" She asked and he shook his head. Sooyeon sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Yes, it's ours."

Renjun groaned slightly. He knew it would be a pain in the ass to take care of one baby but now he had two to worry about.

"Twins?"

"Looks like it."

Renjun sighed as he sat next to Sooyeon, placing the baby carrier next to him as well. Thankfully, both of their babies were sleeping so they could freely talk for the time being.

"So... what do we do?" Renjun asked and Sooyeon shrugged.

"We were really just handed two babies and were told to deal with it while we get closer." Sooyeon said and Renjun nodded in agreement.

"Do you... know the gender?" Renjun asked Sooyeon who shook her head in response.

"I was in a rush. Did you find out?" Sooyeon asked the boy who immediately blushed and shook his head as well. Sooyeon noticed his blush and laughed.

"Awww were you too scared?" Sooyeon asked as she playfully pinched his cheek, finding it adorable. She had really forgotten about her worries from earlier because he was acting completely fine with her.

"Shut up." He said while gently smacking her hand away, making the two laugh a bit. So far, they were doing pretty good.

"Okay, but we need to do something. This baby has been with me for like three hours and I just know it's on the verge of waking up and we have no diapers or food to feed them." Renjun said as he looked at their two children, features almost identical to one another.

"Let's go to my house to talk there. There's no way we can go to the store with only baby carriers. We have literally nothing." Sooyeon requested and Renjun nodded, wanting some private space away from the public.

"Sounds good."

Sooyeon stood up and held one of the baby carriers while Renjun held the other. She made her way out of the restaurant, bidding a quick goodbye to her grandmother who was delighted to see that Renjun had most likely never heard about Sooyeon's. And if he did, she hoped he wouldn't treat her granddaughter like a disgusting person like everyone else did.

"She's your grandma?" Renjun asked as they left the restaurant, being a witness to Sooyeon talking to the kind old lady.

"Yup. Owner of the restaurant too which is why I have a job there and why I can manage to live here in Busan." Sooyeon replied and Renjun let out an 'ah' in understanding.

"Speaking of, I still don't know why you left Seoul. Yesterday, you asked me if I heard something but I really didn't. I only know you as the popular chick in high school but that's it." Renjun said and Sooyeon's breath hitched.

"It's honestly better if you don't know. I'd like to enjoy these moments where you don't hate me before you're bound to find out." Sooyeon said which made Renjun furrow his brows.

"I would hate you for this?" Renjun asked, curiosity taking the best of him.

"It really depends on what kind of person you are. I'm hoping you won't hate me because of it but a lot of people have similar views on it which are.. for the most part pretty negative. That's why I have such a bad name in Seoul. A simple mistake can fuck up everything." Sooyeon said and she felt her heart twinge slightly. It really hurt her to remember how many friends turned on her for such a thing.

"Well, so far you're pretty sweet so I can't really say I hate you. Was the thing you did so major?" Renjun asked and Sooyeon shrugged.

"Again, it depends on what kind of person you are. It doesn't seem so major to me but to everyone else, it was the biggest deal which I don't understand why it mattered to them in the first place but then again, it was in high school. High schoolers tend to love drama." Sooyeon said as she pulled out her keys from her pocket and stopping in front of a house.

Renjun began to think. He wondered what she could have possibly done to apparently ruin her name. Sooyeon was awfully nice and someone that you can easily get along with in his eyes so he wondered just how bad or what even this 'thing' was.

"I know you're trying to figure it out. I also know that you're bound to find out eventually but for mine, the twins, and maybe your sake, could we talk about it another time? I promise you, it's not the absolute worst thing in the world. I didn't cheat, I wasn't a homewrecker, I wasnt a bully either. It was just something stupid." Sooyeon said as she opened the door and looked at Renjun. There was a slight plead in her eyes and Renjun felt himself soften up. If she wasn't comfortable speaking on it, then he shouldn't pressure her.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to but thanks for assuring me it was none of the thoughts in my head." Renjun said, making Sooyeon laugh a bit.

"Thank you. You can go on in and make yourself comfortable." Sooyeon replied as she stepped to the side so Renjun could enter which he gladly did.

"You have a nice house." Renjun said as he placed the baby carrier on the ground next to him and admired the baby inside. It was so adorable but the embarrassed boy had no clue what it's gender were.

"Thank you." She said with a smile and sat next to him and placed the other baby carrier next to her.

"Now let's plan."

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"I don't know about y'all but I like this girl already. I mean, look at her. She's getting along with Renjun not too bad." One said as he watched the interactions with the soulmates.

"I'm curious as to what happened in high school though."

"My gut feeling is telling me it really wasn't anything bad. After all, a lot of high school kids exaggerate shit for their own fun."

"Let's hope you're right."

————————————————————
i really had to write an 11 page play, take an algebra 2 test and write this chapter and i only got like 3 hours of sleep.

but it's okay cause i love writing and i do it all for u guys <33

i hope u guys are invested in this story so far!! please vote and comment.

i also hope ur all doing well !

lots of love,
t<3