twenty one

Sooyeon awoke in Renjun's arms, sitting in bed as he stroked her hair softly. There was also many people in the same room and she immediately saw them all. She was back home after passing out at the mall.

"You're awake?" Renjun choked out, eyes wide and a sad smile starting to appear.

At the sound of what he said, everyone's attention drew to her and all Sooyeon could do was nod before being pulled into an embrace by Renjun, making her straddle him and gave silent cries into Sooyeon's shoulder. Sooyeon was confused but hugged the boy back, feeling guilty for making him cry.

"What... happened?" Sooyeon asked as she consoled the boy and looked at the group who stood there, sad yet relieved expressions on their faces.

"You passed out at the mall." Kyungmi told the girl, a sad smile on her face.

"Do you remember?" Jisung asked, wanting to make sure she had her memory.

Sooyeon began to think before finally recalling why she passed out. She was overwhelmed, embarrassed, paranoid.

She nodded to the boy as tears were brought to her eyes but she didn't want to cry in front of them. She wanted to assure them she was fine and didn't want them worrying.

"I'm okay guys." She said, voice clearly weak as she tried to hold back her tears. "You guys can go. Thank you for worrying."

They all looked at her, some with their lips pursed. They doubted her words but could tell she didn't enjoy having a crowd right now. She still felt extremely vulnerable and it was obvious.

To respect her wishes, they nodded and all went to hug her one-by-one, Jisung and Chenle holding the twins who happened to be asleep.

"Where do you want us to put them?" Jisung asked, holding Yejun as he hugged the girl.

"In their cribs is fine. Thank you."

Jisung nodded and went to do as she said with Chenle following. They all bid a goodbye to the soulmates.

At this point, Renjun had stopped crying. He was glad Sooyeon was now awake and that she was alright— or so he thought.

As soon as she heard the shutting of the downstairs door, her head went straight to Renjun's shoulder where she cried, feeling the same paranoia and anxiety from earlier.

"I'm sorry." She muttered between her cries all while Renjun rubbed soothing motions on her back.

"Don't be. I'm just glad you're okay." He whispered back as he kissed the temple of her head, wanting to help calm her down.

"What did they do to you?" Renjun asked, slightly pulling her back so she can look him in the eye.

All Sooyeon did was shake her head as her bottom lip trembled, reminiscing on what happened.

"I don't want you to hate me." She muttered out and Renjun knew that meant it was from high school. He knew how scared she was about him finding out.

"I could never hate you. I... I don't know what happened and I don't know what you could have possible done but I do know that you are an amazing person. If you don't feel fine saying it, then that's okay. Just know I can never hate you. You're so amazing and I'm genuinely glad to be with you. Nothing will change that." He told her and he finally saw her smile.

"Thank you. I know you're curious.. but I have a feeling you'll find out soon. They... saw you with me. I just know they're trying to figure out a way to remind you and everyone else on what happened. That's why— I'm scared." Sooyeon said, smile dropping once again and the paranoia hitting. Scared was an understatement really. She was absolutely terrified.

"Just remember that I won't judge you for any of it. The rest already know and look at them, clearly comfortable with you and don't care about your past. I can tell you right now that I won't care either. Your past doesn't define you as who you are today. You're my soulmate and one of the most amazing people I know, okay? Never forget that." Renjun assured the girl and began wiping away her tears. Once again, she smiled and somehow, she still managed to look gorgeous in his eyes.

Sooyeon embraced the boy tightly, an overwhelming feeling getting over her. She was happy she had him by her side, supporting her and making her feel better. Of course, she was still scared but his words made her calm down. She felt like she was falling in love or maybe.. was already in love. There was a bit of doubt in her mind since it had only been a week and a half since they got together but everything was perfect between them and she couldn't ask for anyone better.

"Renjun.." She began, catching the boy's attention as she released from the hug and looked into his eyes.

"Can I kiss you?"

Renjun nodded as he placed his fingers underneath her chin and pulled her in, eyes fluttering shut. Sooyeon's hand rested on her sides as her eyes closed as well and waited for the sensation she had been longing for.

Renjun's lips finally met hers and she was ecstatic. They felt soft, way more amazing than she imagined. They fit perfectly together, practically made for each other. Her heart was beating at a rapid pace and so was Renjun's.

Their tattoos began to glow and so did the birthmark of the twins that were identical and in the same spot as their parents tattoos.

The two felt like they were floating on air but unfortunately, the feeling ended as they separated their lips and opened their eyes, wide smiles on both of their faces.

"That was.. wow." Renjun said as he was put into a slight daze once again from the simple feeling of her lips on his.

"I told you we could do this when we got home." Sooyeon told him, making the boy chuckle a bit.

Suddenly, he pulled her into an embrace and laid down, pulling her with him.

"Thank you for being my soulmate." He muttered as his eyes shut once again.

Sooyeon looked at him and kissed his cheek before settling back down again into his arms.

"Thank you for being mine."

A very strong wave of tiredness took over their bodies and the two fell into a short slumber but the feeling of ecstasy did not leave them one bit.

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"I. Love. Them." Someone said as they all cooed at the couple who had just shared their kiss.

"I'm so glad they're doing so well."

"I'm glad that he's so reassuring to her too."

"They really make an amazing couple."