one

Renjun stood in front of his mirror, shock in his eyes.

His hand traveled to the bright red tattoo on his neck: a set of two rings conjoined together.

Renjun knew exactly what this meant; he was chosen to have a soulmate and he ended up coming in contact with them.

The boy let out a sigh, thinking of the possibilities of who it can be. He had literally gone out of the city and came in possible contact with a lot of people. He knew even a simple brush of the shoulder can lead to the soulmate tattoo appearing.

Renjun groaned as he realized that his soulmate was more than likely in Busan, the city that he visited just a few hours ago and took a while to get to in general.

His hands ran through his hair, revealing the blonde part underneath the black. An act of impulse his friends called it but he loved the style on himself and his friends agreed that it looked good on him as well.

Renjun let out one last sigh before going back to his bedroom and lying down in his bed. He was too exhausted to be bothered by the thought of his soulmate any longer so he decided to worry about it the next day.

Back in Busan, a girl by the name of Sooyeon stood in front of her small bathroom mirror, a smile lingering on her face.

Her eyes traced over the tattoo, admiring the bright red color and the symbol it showed: two rings conjoined.

Sooyeon had always dreamed of having a soulmate. Not everyone could have one and it seemed as if luck was on her side by giving her one.

The girl happily hopped to bed, thoughts coursing through her mind about who her soulmate could be. After all, she had come in contact with many people before.

The girl let out a delighted sigh, a different kind of happiness engulfing her of the thought of being destined with someone. It was truly a delight in her eyes.

Sooyeon sat in bed, smile not leaving her face. After all, it had been a long day at work.

She let down her dyed hair, its now light brown color falling freely before laying down. Her bed seemed so comforting and the exhaust began to take over. Eventually, the girl fell asleep, definitely not prepared for the next obstacle she was about to face.

Renjun awoke the next day, stretching out his arms and ruffling his hair out, the blonde and black mixing together in all sorts of ways.

He yawned before getting up, cracking his back to give him some relief before going to the restroom to get himself ready for the day.

As soon as Renjun turned on the light, he was met with the bright red tattoo immediately catching his eye. Renjun let out a groan as the memory came back to him; he has a soulmate who is most likely some random person he accidentally bumped into during his travels in Busan.

Renjun sighed, wondering how the hell he was even supposed to find his soulmate. It could be anyone at all.

Putting the thought aside quickly, Renjun finished his morning routine before finally thinking of what the hell to do now.

"Shit.." Renjun muttered out, knowing damn well he would have to return to Busan.

Renjun sighed as he got up, quickly grabbing his belongings before heading out the door only to be stopped in his tracks by a baby carrier and a note.

"What the fuck..."

Back in Busan, Sooyeon awoke and immediately touched the tattoo on her neck. A wide smile lingered on her face as she recalled the fact that she had a soulmate.

With haste movements, Sooyeon got up and made her way to the bathroom, readying herself for work.

She quickly got into uniform and tied her hair up, tightening the ponytail to hold her hair in place.

Sooyeon then went downstairs to her grandma's room, knocking on it.

"Grandma? Are you ready for work?" Sooyeon asked and the woman replied with a simple "Give me a minute."

Sooyeon made her way to the living room, sitting on the couch as she waited patiently for her grandmother to come out.

After a few minutes, the kind old lady stepped out of the room, all ready for their departure.

"Sooyeon? We need to have a quick conversation." Her grandmother said as she took a seat next to the girl.

"Okay but can we make it quick? We have to get the work and Sundays are usually busy, you know." The girl reminded her grandmother who nodded.

"I know I know.. But we must talk about your tattoo." Her grandmother said and Sooyeon widened her eyes before smiling.

"What about it?" She asked, ready to listen to the words of advice from her grandmother.

"You have a soulmate now. You have been assigned a person to spend the rest of your days with. You are a lucky girl." The grandmother said in a sweet voice which made Sooyeon smile. She adored how kind her grandmother was.

"However," She began, catching Sooyeon off-guard, "There is a challenge that comes with that and because of it, you may not work today."

Sooyeon looked at her grandmother in shock. How could she not want her to work today?

"But.. Why? What challenge am I going to face that makes me not work? I'm sure I can work, grandma." Sooyeon asked and her grandmother sighed.

"Tell me, Sooyeon. Go open that door and tell me if you will be able to work while also caring for whatever is out there right now." Her grandmother said and Sooyeon gave out a tiny scoff. She was almost certain she could work.

So Sooyeon did as she was told. She walked to the front door, opening it but what appeared in front of her was definitely something she was not expecting.

Down on the welcome mat of the home was a baby carrier that contained a baby as well as a note inside with it.

"Now tell me if you will be able to work with that child now in your hands."

"Shit."

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"Now who's idea was it to give twins?" One asked as he observed everyone until a newcomer raised their hand.

"Whoops it was mine."

"If things go to shit, I'm blaming you."

"I know what I'm doing stop doubting me."

✓ exchange student - huang renjunजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें