twenty three

𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡

𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗚

𝗙𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*

the couple walked hand in hand into the school for the last time. they had come to collect the last of their things from their lockers before they would officially be free from high school.

they walked to their lockers but before wooyoung could open his locker, san stopped him by placing a hand on his arm.

"i have something to tell you." wooyoung didn't like the sad look in san's eyes and began to worry.

"i'm going to rehab." wooyoung felt tears threaten to spill from his eyes, but they were happy tears. he pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug and sighed.

"i'm proud of you sannie, this will be good for you."

"you're not going to leave me?" wooyoung was surprised by both his boyfriend's words and the way his voice broke as he said them. he pulled away and placed his hands on san's shoulders.

"san i told you, i'm never leaving you. i'll be with you every single step of the way, no matter what."

"i'll be gone for a year." wooyoung felt his heart drop but he told himself it wouldn't be too bad and it would be worth it. 

"it's okay, we'll get through this." wooyoung pulled his boyfriend in for another quick hug before they began to clear out their lockers. they started another conversation to take their minds off of it and it worked. after only a few minutes, san was back to his normal self.

they decided to stop by the bathroom to make sure they didn't have puffy red eyes or tear stained cheeks. once they finished cleaning themselves up they went to exit the bathroom. san immediately stopped at the door and without thinking, he reached his hand out and grabbed a familiar male that was passing by. wooyoung watched with wide eyes as san pulled renjun into the bathroom with them but then realized what he was doing. he decided to step over to the sinks to give the two some room.

"san w-what-" renjun failed to notice wooyoung and instead panicked at the sight of san.

"relax, wooyoung's here too." san pointed to the sinks where wooyoung was sitting on them. renjun relaxed slightly when he saw the blonde, who smiled and waved.

"so um, what do you want?" renjun asked while staring at his shoes, not wanting to make eye contact with san.

wooyoung hopped off the sinks and made his way over to the pair, slinging an arm around san's shoulders. "san wants to tell you something."

 renjun cautiously lifted his head to look at the pair. san sighed as he played with his hands.

"i'm sorry renjun, i really am. i know it's not an excuse but i had so many things going on and i still do, and i took it out on you because i know you're too nice to do anything about it. i'm really sorry and um, i'm going to rehab." wooyoung watched renjun's jaw dropped at the boy's words while san stood shaking and not able to make eye contact with the chinese boy while he waited for renjun to say something.

but he didn't.

instead, san's eyes widened as he felt two arms wrap around him. he looked up to see renjun hugging him with a small smile on his face. "it's okay san, i forgive you."

the two boys hugged for a while with a smiling wooyoung standing beside them until renjun eventually pulled away and placed his hands on san's shoulders. "you'll do amazingly and you won't regret this. please get better, if not for yourself then for wooyoung." renjun and san both turned to look at wooyoung who had a sheepish smile on his face. "he loves you. get better, come back and take care of him like he deserves. i believe in you."

renjun smiled at the boy. san couldn't stop the tears that started to flow down his cheeks and he pulled the blonde in for another hug. "i'm really so sorry, you didn't deserve any of that."

renjun shook his head. "don't apologize, just show us all that you can change."

san nodded and pulled away after a few moments. the boys all said bye to each other and renjun left bathroom, leaving san to be comforted by wooyoung. wooyoung wrapped his arms round san and let him cry into his shoulder, not caring about how his shirt was now being soaked.

after a few more minutes of comforting san, the older eventually calmed down. wooyoung pulled away to wipe away his boyfriend's tears. he smiled at the taller and kissed his forehead. "ready to go?"

san nodded and the pair exited the bathroom with intertwined hands. they left the large building and noticed renjun happily hopping into a car with his boyfriends, laughing at something they said. both boys smiled and made their way over to seonghwa's car where san's friends were waiting for them.

"got everything you need?" hongjoong asked from the passenger seat, watching the pair as they climbed in next to mingi. san nodded and seonghwa began to drive away from the place they called school.

"next stop, yunho." seonghwa glanced in the rear mirror and everyone laughed as mingi's cheeks reddened.

"oh yeah, your friend right?" san nudged mingi's ribs and mingi rolled his eyes, turning to look out the window instead, ignoring how the group teased him with kissing noises and childish words.