Part 10

Nakidori Sensaina x Hawks

Part 10

In the world of heroics, it was often talked about more about the number of people you saved or what new UA students you were thinking of trying to recruit. So when it came to things like pay and salaries, it was hardly ever talked about. So when Nakidori had gotten a call a few days ago from her boyfriend about his new pay increase, she was curious as to why he was bringing this up.

He had been the number three hero for a while, but now with his placement at number two, the female was curious if they pay increase was really that much, or if the male was just making up some reason to invite his girlfriend to some fancy dinner.

Apparently he had a hole burning in his pocket thanks to the new wad of cash and wanted to treat the both of them to a fancy dinner at the nicest, most elite, and of course, the most pricey restaurant in the city where he worked.

Nakidori could only roll her eyes when she heard his giddiness, at times finding his childlike interest in things like this cute. But after a light teasing about how he was eventually going to be broke if he continued to spend his money so frivolously, she agreed to tag along, so long as she got to pay for the next meal.

Hawks agreed and said the reservation he had made would be for Friday. It was Monday when he had called, so at least it gave the female hero time to find an appropriate outfit to wear for whatever pish posh dress code this place would have.

A too pricey to say aloud purchase later and Nakidori had bought herself a sunset dress that looked like it should be worn by someone on the red carpet rather than a rescue hero who would only be using it once, maybe twice.

And now with work done on this Friday evening and only an hour before Hawks arrived to pick her up, Nakidori started to try to get herself ready. The dress resting on a hanger, making sure it didn't get wrinklers. In the meantime, Nakidori was slowly trying to put on a good foundation and pick out proper matching colors for her makeup.

She hummed gently as she worked, thinking about how generally happy she had been as of late. In truth, she was always a calm person at her core, one of the reasons she made such a good rescue hero. But ever since she had started hanging out and now dating Hawks, her baseline mood had seemed to be happy.

Nothing could make her upset, and even the usual hustle and bustle at work at a hero agency and as that agency's head honcho, she couldn't and wouldn't let anything make her feel down. This relationship was being so positive on her life, and she honestly couldn't believe how well she and Hawks got along, how much she had gotten to know him, and of course, how much the pair truly did like and support the other.

They had only been dating for about two months now, but she couldn't pinpoint anything time where she was truly upset at Hawks or something that had happened. Sure there had been cancellations at times, but as agreed on, it was because of hero work. And with every cancellation, there was a makeup date to go along with it.

She truly was happy in her life right now. She couldn't find anything to make her upset or make her feel as if this relationship was doomed to fail. She felt... stable. She felt good.

As she slipped on her dress, the female gave herself a look over. Everything looked good: her on point, makeup perfect, dress bringing out her best features, and feathers still a glow from the use of her quirk earlier. She was ready for this fancy date and was hoping that her personality could work as well in this fancy setting as her looks.

As she had finished looking herself over, there was a knocking coming from her front door. Nakidori quickly grabbed her things, rushing towards the door and opening it. Hawks stood outside before her, dressed in a suit. His tie was a little off, making Nakidori slightly chuckle.