Part 3

Nakidori Sensaina x Hawks

Part 3

The Italian restaurant was exactly as Nakidori had said it would be. From the decore to the food and the general feeling of the restaurant, it definitely made Hawks feel as if he had walked into a portal and ended up in Italy himself.

The walls were lined with all sorts of photos that showed off various famous sites and locations scattered across Italy. Places he had yet to go to, but still wanted to go to. Maybe one day when hero work wasn't as time consuming as it was now.

But until then, he'd take Nakidori's word that this place was as authentic to Italian cuisine as she could find. And from the look, smell and atmosphere of the restaurant alone, he had a feeling he should be doing anything but doubting the girl on what she said.

The staff at the restaurant were also too kind, seeing as right as the pair walked in, recognized the pair of heroes. The owner and head chef were in a slight panic, wanting to impress and show the top rescue hero and the number two hero over all a good meal and a great time. And thus had to figure out where to put the pair so their meal would not be constantly interrupted by people who would also recognize them.

Thus the restaurant they were sitting in had put the two recognizable heroes towards the back of the seating area, knowing the heroes might want a more private meal. After all being constantly swarmed by the media and having fans interrupting their meal was something the staff at the Italian restaurant just could not allow happen.

To them, meals should be times of peace between friends and loved one. Or from what the staff could tell between these two heroes: a moment to get to know one another a bit more.

The food had arrived not too long ago. Hawks, as he had said, had ordered the chicken parmesan, while Nakidori had ordered a simple spaghetti meal. The pair had paused in their light conversation to take a few bites of their meal.

"Let me know if there is anything else I can get for the two of you." Their waitress spoke. "And once again, it's an honor to be able to wait for you both."

Hawks smiled, chatting with the waitress slightly on how she was too kind and to not feel or act like he was some king to serve. She nodded eagerly to him, telling him she just wanted him to know of her gratefulness for heroes like him and Nakidori.

Nakidori only watched with interest as she ate some of her pasta and helped herself to another slice of bread. As she did so, she couldn't help but notice how despite the strange situation of a sudden lunch and barely knowing each other, Hawks was in a good mood.

He had always seemed like the type of person who was bright and joyful often, but Nakidori had always assumed it was because he wanted to keep up the image of him wanting to stop crime in order for him to live an easy and carefree life. But now in his presence and seeing how he oozed these emotions naturally, she could tell that his hero persona and his off duty persona were fairly similar. If not the exact same person.

The waitress eventually left, leaving both Nakidori and Hawks to continue eating their meals in some privacy and continue the conversation they had been having before. Hawks chewed on his chicken for a moment, noticing Nakidori's eyes on him.

"What? Do I have some chicken on my face?" He asked, grabbing his napkin in case he did.

Nakidoru shook her head. "No no. I was just thinking about how you're the same in and out of costume. It's nice... to know you're the same in and out."

Hawks shrugged. "I was never a fan of the idea of putting on a touch and heroic facade to make people feel better. So, my motto is if I'm feeling fine, then they should be as well. If' I'm worried... then I want people to know and be prepared for what might happen. Better then lie to them and make them think the world is not in danger when the worst might happen."