Part 14 (NSFW)

Nakidori Sensaina x Hawks

Part 14

Nakidori sunk down into the hot water with a much-needed sigh. It felt so nice and provided the perfect difference between the warm waters and frigid air. She smiled to herself, her hair tied up and keeping out of the water while the rest of her was warm and wet.

Hawks was still taking his sweet time, leaving Nakidori to have a few moments to herself. She was glad for it as well, seeing as she wanted time to think for a moment before whatever was going to happen for the rest of the night.

She sunk down further into the water, parts of her mouth now under and her neck starting to get soaked. She was cautious though, making sure her hair remained untouched for this. Slowly Nakidori pushed herself back up, her ears picking up on the sounds of a door closing and someone approaching her.

"How's it feel?" Hawks asked, dipping a foot in to judge the temperature.

"It's wonderful." Nakidori smiled, inhaling happily.

Hawks smiled back, stepping in himself and getting used to the warm waters instantly. He let out a sigh himself and then relaxed as he took a seat next to Nakidori. Both of them did not say a word and instead, relaxing happily and letting the warm waters and good temperatures speak for them.

After about five minutes of silence though, it seemed like a conversation was wanted to be had, and thus Hawks turned towards his girlfriend and started to speak to her. His eyes wandered up from her submerged legs to how her hair looked so cute tied up in a messy fashion.

"This is exactly what I needed." Nakidori sighed contently, making Hawks look towards her with more of a focus than moments before.

"Tough week?" He rose a brow, watching her nod her head.

"You have no idea." Nakidori sighed. "Rescue operations get skyrocketed during the winter cause people don't know how to properly heat their homes... so a lot of fires get started. Plus, a lot of my fire and heat quirked employees are run ragged trying to help those who might be suffering from hypothermia. The number of people who try to walk across frozen bodies of water only to fall in... also grows heavily in the winter..."

"I imagine that number is really low in the summer." Hawks smirked, only to see Nakidori look at him with a tired expression.

"But the number of people who almost drown in the summer makes up for that..." Nakidori nearly dunked her head under the water to clear her thoughts. "It's great being a rescue hero at times... but then I always start to wonder if people ever truly know when something is dangerous or not? Or if the survival of the fittest if truly a concept that is currently enacted on our society..."

Hawks laughed a tiny bit, Nakidori shaking her head slowly. She knew he'd take this as a joke, and to some extent, it made her a little frustrated. Rescue heroes had to understand both fighting and rescuing, but heroes like Hawks only had to understand how to fight.

And thus, a small divide between the two types of heroes had formed, with many non-rescue heroes truly not understanding how stressful the work of rescuing could be, especially in such a large metropolitan like Japan was.

She crossed her arms, Hawks noticing immediately how her calm and relaxed state was quickly turning into actual anger and annoyance. And it was directed towards him. He gently touched the top of her head, making Nakidori turn to look at him, it clear she wasn't too terribly happy with him at this moment. He chuckled a bit nervously.

"Sorry... I wasn't being respectful of your type of hero work." He apologized, the tone in his voice letting Nakidori at least know he was being genuine. "I guess I'm just not used to doing rescue work and don't know how straining it could be."