Part 15 (Finale)

Nakidori Sensaina x Hawks

Part 15

The following day seemed to be much calmer than the night before. Wanting to let Hawks sleep in for a while longer, since he had no doubt had a harder job this past month than her, Nakidori silently slipped out. It was early in the morning, and thus it seemed it was only her and the hotel staff that was up and about.

The lobby was pretty much empty, aside from the doorman and front desk woman. Both of them greeted her and started to make light conversation with Nakidori asking if her room and night were good. She chatted with them, happy to make a little conversation right in the morning. Perhaps a bird-like quality, but she wasn't Hawks and wouldn't try to steal his weird bird labeling obsession... or at least not yet.

Glancing outside as she chatted with a few members of staff, Nakidori's chest clenched slightly. It seemed that while yesterday had been clear, the weather today would be snowy. Tiny little drops of white fluttered towards the ground, making the girl smile brightly at the thought of being able to go out and walk amongst the falling snow.

It was one of her favorite things about winter, to just take a stroll out in the world, where it seemed everything was a bit more peaceful with the falling snow. Excusing herself from the conversation, she slipped on her winter coat and started her small stroll outside.

No other footsteps had been made in the snow yet aside from her own, thus making her feel happy to know she wouldn't be bothered in this moment of peace and serenity among the winter chilled trees and shrubs.

Nakidori hummed gently, listening to the sounds of her feet crunching in the snow and how the little birds above her were happily chirping. Despite the soft falling snow, it was still a gorgeous day outside and she was excited to be out right now.

But with so much silence she couldn't help when her mind started to wander into other thoughts aside from how peaceful and beautiful this morning was. Her thoughts went to her boyfriend, smiling at the memory of his sleepy and slightly drooling face.

He certainly wasn't a serene sleeper, but that just made him something else she loved about him. He wasn't like how other guys she dated were, in fact... he was the most unique, thoughtful, and caring person she may have ever met.

Sure it might be because he was a hero and by nature, he was that way... always caring and trying to help others. But Nakidori could tell just by how they interacted... that the way he acted around her, spoke with her, and maybe even looked at her... that it was different when she was with him.

She was different from him. And maybe he was different from her as well. A good kind of different, the kind of different you knew was a rare and life-changing one. One she was quickly discovering she didn't and couldn't let go of.

Nakidori shook her head quickly, seeing as her face had suddenly grown warm and her thoughts were starting to turn more serious. Perhaps there was a certain word he could use to describe this feeling, but perhaps she was being too early to call it such things.

After all.... She still didn't entirely know if what she was feeling was genuine or what was leftover from a time when she was nothing but a manic fan in her teen years. Maybe that was why she couldn't jump all the way into this relationship quite yet.

She wasn't sure of herself and her feelings, and the last thing she wanted to do was lead Hawks on. She knew that she cared about him a great deal, and doing anything that could hurt him, would no doubt hurt her as well.

She wanted to be sure she was in love with him from her own new morals and standing as an adult, and not trying to force herself into that idea by some underlying remains of her fangirl high school self.