Part 5

Nakidori Sensaina x Hawks

Part 5

Nakidori was a mess. She would have assumed that finding a simple but not overdone outfit for the date tonight would be easy, but as it was turning out... anything and everything in her closet were turning out to be one extreme or the other. She was about ready to just put on her pajamas and say she didn't own any normal clothes.

But then again, she couldn't do that to Hawks... especially since he had been texting her non-stop since asking her out on how excited he was. As well as asking for some preferences of hers when it came to things: flowers, chocolates, genres.

She had tried to tell him not to go overboard for her, but alas it seemed the male wanted nothing but to buy her things so this could be a 'proper old fashioned date'. She had no idea if Hawks was being genuine or if he was pulling her leg with the idea that someone like him would actually want to take things 'by the book' of old fashioned courting methods.

Nakidori sighed, shaking her head and then went back to rummaging through her closest. She'd find out soon if Hawks was a romantic at heart or if he wanted to put a modern spin on these classic dating norms.

Until then... she needed to find something to wear. Something he would be impressed with, possibly weak in the knees with... but also wouldn't be too overdone. She was going on movie date after all, not to some hero gala where she needed to dress to impress the elite.

After another twenty minutes of searching though, she finally found what she was looking for. It definitely wouldn't gain outside attention, but to her date, it would hopefully at least get some wide and impressed eyes out of him.

It wasn't anything super special, but she could remember the exact reason why she had bought it. It was last year, and her bonus was buring a hole in her pocket. The hero had happened to be on vacation in a small resort beach town and her eyes had fallen onto this cute little summer dress.

It was the color of a vibrant sunset: orange, yellow, red, and even a little purple. Seeing as she couldn't keep her eyes off of it and wanted nothing more than to finally spoil herself a little bit with all the hard and draining hero work she had done... Nakidori bought it without so much as a second thought.

She always had a feeling this dress would really work well with her, but after that trip, it seemed to have found its way into the back of her closest rather than actually wearing it even once. Well... no time like the present right?

She hugged the dress close to herself, glad she had bought it ages ago and then forgotten about until this hectic moment. Now it was time to get ready... she had about an hour and a half to shower, get dressed up, and make it look like nothing by the time he got here.

~~~~~

The blonde-haired hero stood in front of the door to the apartment he had been sent the address to. He shuffled in place a bit awkwardly and fixing anything that looked off once more. He was about ten minutes early, so he hoped that was okay.

There were many things about this moment that he hoped looked okay though. For one, being that his simple jeans, t-shirt, and blazer combo weren't the worst things anyone had ever put together.

He really didn't want to mess this up. He liked Nakidori a lot more then he originally thought he would, and now was invested into seeing how far this adoration went and if she felt the same intensity as he did.

He knew to not overwhelm her though. After all, just because he was excitable and impulsive at times didn't mean she should try and force that onto Nakidori. He was to be a gentleman tonight... hilarious coming from the usually modern-minded and terribly humored male.