Growing Up

Shota's new life had been interesting so far

It took a while to get the hang of moving again but soon he was up on his feet and waddling around within a year. The Caretakers at the orphanage went into a frenzy when they saw that Shota had disappeared from his cot, only to find him swaying down the hallway. His little feet padding along. Short hair swinging from side to side.

The ANBU monitoring him didn't stop either. He could feel their chakra, that strange blue energy that resided within everything.

Shota had discovered that he was very sensitive to chakra, and was able to pick up the faintest traces of it. Each person had a distinct signature- like a scent -that allowed him to know who it was. Mono assumed it was because he had never had this energy inside of him, so he was more aware of it then others.

Mono said he would be classified as a sensor, but didn't need to change his chakra in order to sense others. He was always doing it.

He had gotten quite close to Mono in this time and didn't find it weird anymore when people talked to him with his first name. Mono had even asked multiply times if he was comfortable with them calling him it.

The ANBU had been reporting to the Hokage of Shota's daily schedule and his strange habits of falling asleep everywhere- even sitting up on a chair -as well as staring right where they were hidden, like he was daydreaming.

They had also observed that the raven-haired child was extremely advanced for his age in practically everything but talking. As of yet he hadn't spoken a word. Not a sound had passed through his lips. He only pointed and nodded when anyone talked to him. This kept up for years.

He observed quietly. Absorbing the new information thrown at him like a sponge. Mono trying to teach him about this new world and the events that will happen. To say he thought they were screwed was an understatement.

Mono also told him what they saw in the office that night when Shota used his quirk. Mono thought it might have been like the Byakugan, where the user can see chakra pathways in detail, but said that it was too simple to be just that and there was probably more too it.

They also said it ran off stamina and not chakra, but that was probably because it was mutated from a quirk and not from a bloodline. The Hokage and others that knew of his power apparently thought it was a dojutsu, literally meaning eye technique. A special kekkei genkai that can only be used by ninja that owns a certain pair of eyes.

Like the Uchiha and Hyuga clans.

His droopy eyes surveyed the garden he sat in. It was the play area for the orphanage.

Little children running and yelling playing a version of tag that had something to do with Shinobi. The other kids stayed clear of Shota, they were nervous around him because every time someone walked up to him, his cole-black eyes stared at their's in boredom. It freaked them out even more when he didn't reply, just stared at them standing there until they would give up and leave.