Academy?

Weeks past by and Shota began to see a vast increase in Obito's abilities

Weeks past by and Shota began to see a vast increase in Obito's abilities. Meeting Kakashi had got him motivated even more to improve and impress Shota.

To Obito's disappointment, Kakashi continued to show up most days during training. He would taunt Obito behind Shota's back, constantly out performing him. Whether it be in jutsu, hand to hand, general knowledge or just plain skill.

Kakashi- he hated to admit -was better than him on every level. Well...almost.

Kakashi would always struggle to talk to Shota. It got worse the more he tried to make conversation or even interact with the gremlin like boy.

Shota would either fall asleep or stare at the awkward boy until he gave up entirely and continued with his kunai throwing. Those moments bung a brief sense of joy to Obito.

Another thing that made him happy was Mono.

Shota would walk past him in the middle of training and whisper in his ear a message from Mono. The message would normally consist of encouragement or a little tip to help him figure out a jutsu he was practicing.

Mono would see large smiles plastered on Obito's face for the rest of the day. They liked asking Shota to send little notes. 'Talking' to the boy made Mono very happy because they knew how much improvement someone could make just by having some positive reinforcement.

One of the things that had impacted his recent jump in motivation was that the start of the Academy was soon. In just a short time, Obito would truly be on the path to become a Shinobi, and one step closer to the title of Hokage

Shota had been teaching them academy techniques for a few weeks (or years in Obito's case) so they would 'hit the ground running' when they all started.

Obito had finally gotten a good grasp on tree walking and had moved onto water walking. Kakashi started to tree walk too, and by the end of the first day he was hanging upside down from the top branch with ease. He had soon mastered water walking two days later. Obito on the other hand was only managing to stand upright for a few seconds before crashing down into the cold water of the river.

His envy of the silver-haired boy decreases slightly with Mono and Shota's words. Not everyone learnt at the same speed after all...right? He wasn't slow at things. Kakashi was just ridiculously fast.

It made you wonder who had the ability to copy things with theirs eyes, or at least the ability to unlock the ability, as Obito's Sharingan had yet to appear. Just another thing for his clan to whisper to each other about him.

He could hear them talk about him when he passed by, if they didn't just strait up ignore his presence.

He would also hear faint whispers about Shota.

The Uchiha, even if they don't admit it, liked to gossip.

Chatting about what was going on in the village and other clans. Whoever had made a scene in the market. Most recently, there attention had turned to Shota.