The Team

They moved as a group. Jumping through the trees at high speeds. One branch to the next, following Shibito-san and Yugata Aburame.

She was the main tracker of the team, using her beetles to search wide locations. She got the trail of Sakumo Hatake and had been leading them forwards. Her mask matched her insect companions as an of inside joke. A white and green beetle mask to show her ANBU status.

Shibito-san ran along side her, being able to pick up traces of Hatake-san's chakra, his cat mask placed firmly on his face. It had been a couple of hours since they left the kids with Shibito-san's summons. They were making good time and almost halfway there from what Yugata knew to be the general location of the missions destination.

She was present in the Hokage's office that morning to hand in a few forms they needed to fill out for their day off.

She raised her hand and made a circle after a few more hours of running.

Two women moved to the front of the group. Seshi Uchiha and Nikari Hyuga were the all rounders of the team, and due to their ocular powers, are good with surveillance like Yugata and Shibito. Seshi had a white and red crow mask with a long beak, while Nikari had a white and yellow frog mask.

They activated their Sharingan and Byakugan and began to scan the area as the group headed forwards at a quick pace.

Nikari lifted a hand up and then pointed to her right.

The team then followed behind Nikari to the right, and once the signs of an on going battle came into view, they all split and dived in separate directions.

'Birb' stayed back with another team member to observe the fight, masking their chakra as they both hid in a tree.

The woman had no distinct feature of an animal on her mask. Only two black holes where her eyes would be.

Shibito-san moved towards a figure Birb made out to be Hatake-san. His grey hair an strong indicator to his identity.

Nikari and Seshi moved as one to cover the downed Jonin. Yugata and the final member of the team went in for the attack. The man had a white and green bear mask and was fairly muscular. He waited till the enemy were distracted by Yumoris beetles and then took them out with a few well aimed punches. He was called Masubi Nakashi.

Once the two had taken out the enemy, the team gathered by Shibito-san and Hatake-san.

Birb looked over to the woman and nodded. The two dropped down and headed over to the enemy on the floor. They tied them up before looking over their bodies.

Shibito was whispering to Sakumo who looked shocked for a moment before nodding. The captain then turned to Nikari Hyuga who was healing Sakumo's team mates to check their condition. They were stable for now and all major injury's were healed.

The group waited there on edge in case there were anymore enemies.

"Captain, we got a problem." A cold voice called out from the blank masked woman. Ikera Hōki stared down at the woman tied up in front of her.

Birb and her had seen that the five people were dressed like defected Shinobi from a different village, but all of them had a very distinctive tattoo on their tongues.

Shibito walked over and saw their mouths. "Fuck." He sweared harshly in a quite manor. He made his voice louder as he faced back to the others. "Okay change of plan. This was flowers doing, and I'm not fucking around anymore and waiting for them to try take the kittens again. This move is classed as treason."

The others in the team nodded quickly and set to work. Birb and Ikera sealed up the Root members stored them in birb's weapon holster. Masubi and Seshi held the unconscious Jonin in Sakumo's team and the others formed a guard around them. The headed back to the village quickly.