Chapter 1: Protective Tian

Prompt from my friend in school: Can you make a oneshot where Tian actually gets hurt saving one of the kids and everyone in the village is worried for him. Especially Phupha. It's up to you how you're going to end it.
____________________

Tian thought that being a second parent to the kids as he take on the job of being the Teacher was the only thing he would do. But he didn't expect to act as a protective adult as well. The kids were chasing each other around the trees, only moments away from tripping on some random branch and hitting their head. Tian was probably going to get a heart attack soon if they aren't careful and get themselves hurt. He only has a month before he leaves and the last thing he wants is for the kids to get themselves hurt. The other rangers were a bit busy helping the villagers since there was another wedding coming up and Phupha ordered Tian to look after the kids.

"Guys please be careful. There are still tree roots visible that can trip you." Tian said as he crossed his arms a bit due to the cold he has been feeling again.

Doctor Nam had already told him that if he feels cold, feverish, dizzy, tired, or feels his heart is beating irregularly again, he should go to Doctor Nam immediately. Tian heard him but will only listen once these kids settle down for a moment.

The kids were giggling but had stopped when they noticed Tian's posture, remembering the day he did the exact same posture as if he was cold before he had collapsed. They stopped running and sat down at the bench beside them. Tian was surprised but didn't think much of it as he sat down next to them.

"P'Seetian, are you cold?" Meejoo asked.

"A bit but it's fine. I'll go to Doctor Nam later." Tian answered.

"You can go now, Phi. We'll behave here, we promise!" Ayi said worriedly.

"I'll be fine. Besides, Green Giant over there, told me to look after you and that's what I will do." Tian said.

"Never mind Chief Phupha. Just go to Doctor Nam, please. We promise you we will behave." Khaoneung said.

Tian looked at them skeptically as he didn't know if they will keep their word. "You really promise?" Tian asked. The kids nodded.

Tian pulled out his pinky and looked at them seriously. "Promise me then." The kids pulled out their pinky and had wrapped it around Tian's. "We promise!" They all said. Tian nodded and ruffled each of their hair.

"I'll be back then. You all behave, okay?" The kids nodded as Tian stood slowly before walking away.

The kids decided to go help some of the adults that were farming so they all walked away quietly as they could but some of the rangers noticed them and reported it back to Phupha. Khama who was worried for both Tian and the kids, decided to order Longtae to look after kids. Longtae only nodded and followed the kids.

Back to Tian, Nam had looked through his vitals and gave the stock medicine he just got yesterday to Tian. Tian just silently drank his medicine but his mind was elsewhere. He was thinking whether the kids were behaving or not. For some reason, he has a bad feeling.

Just as Nam finishes checking up on Tian. Phupha came in looking strict as ever.

"Where are the kids?" Phupha asked.

"I left them at the village for a while, they promised me they'll behave as I went to get checked up by Doctor Nam." Tian explained.

"Some of the rangers saw the kids walking away from the village. Longtae followed them to keep an eye on them." Phupha said.

Tian sighed as he feels like those kids just lied to him. But he has high hope they are behaving themselves. Tian stood up and thanked Doctor Nam as he walked away to follow the kids. He knows Longtae will be able to make sure they behave but even that boy can't handle how mischievous those kids are.