Chapter 12: One by One

Prompt by evejane75: just like a story where everyone finds out about their relationship. the rangers, the villagers and/or the kids. either by being told, slowly noticing small things or even just walking in on them I love how you write and i'm really enjoying everything you have posted so far for these two ♥️
______________________

When Tian came back, all of the villagers were thrilled. They didn't even question why Phupha was behind him. All were just thinking that he went to get Tian himself and didn't tell anyone. The kids complained to him that he should have told them so they could have prepared a surprise welcome back celebration for Tian but Phupha just chuckled and ignored their complaints. Nam looked at the two if there was something different between them but they were acting normal. Nam was worried that Tian found someone else and Phupha is keeping whatever he is feeling inside like always.

While everyone was busy eating and chattering with Tian, Nam pulled Phupha aside, far away from the others. Phupha looked at him curiously but had let his friend pull him. When they stopped, Nam kept looking at Phupha's face, as if he was trying to read him.

"Nam, why are we here? And why are you looking at me like that?" Phupha asked.

"Are you okay?" Nam ignored his question.

"Uh, I'm fine. Why are we here?" Phupha asked again.

"Phu, don't lie to me. The truth. Are you really, okay? How are things with Tian?" Nam asked.

"Things are good, Nam. And I'm not lying. I really am okay." Phupha said sincerely.

"So... Whatever you and Tian were feeling, aren't permanent then? You two are letting things be just like that? Phu, you two went through so much! How can you two be just good?!" Phupha was shocked by his friend's outburst. He couldn't understand what was wrong.

"Nam, I—" Phupha tried to cut him off but Nam wasn't finished.

"He took the blame and hate from everyone to try and protect us from the villagers' anger. You took a bullet on the back for Tian. Seriously, you two fought so much, and in the end, you're both just good? What about all the love confessions he did and you promise him that you'll wait and the fact that you had moped around for a year when he was gone and—" Phupha covered Nam's mouth with his hand in annoyance.

"I'm starting to get why you had an outburst like that. First, let me finish explaining before you yell at me like a lunatic." Phupha said. Nam sighed and nodded.

Phupha was hesitant to let him go but eventually pulled his hand away. He sighs. "First, Tian and I are good, meaning we already had talked properly this time. But a lot of explaining and storytelling will happen for us but we can wait for it to later when I get alone with him. Meaning, me and Tian are together now, for real." Phupha wanted to picture Nam's shocked face but spared his friend for that. Nam's eyes were so big like a fish underwater and he was literally gaping.

"Second, you better not tell anyone, we agreed to lay low in our relationship but won't deny if we're asked about it." Nam nodded in awe. It took 2 minutes before Nam actually spoke. "Wow... I didn't expect that. I thought I had to interfere again to get you two together." He muttered.

"What?"

"Uh, nothing! Anyways, that's amazing to hear, Phu. Finally! You two got together. You're gonna get laid now!" Nam received a hit on the head for that last sentence. He laughed and didn't care at all that Phupha was glaring at him.

"Keep quiet, okay?" Phupha sternly said. Nam nodded while grinning.

They went back and Tian only gave them a questioning look. Phupha mouthed that he told Nam and Tian just nodded. That night, the rangers were drinking once more and Phupha made sure that Tian wasn't drinking even a drop of alcohol which caused Tian to glare at his boyfriend. A few drinks wouldn't hurt him and here is Phupha sliding the drinks away. Longtae noticed the non-verbal interaction of the two and was curious whether they already talked clearly. Nam nudged him and signaled him to just pretend to not see anything, Longtae nodded and listened to ridiculous stories that the rangers were giving. It was going smoothly until Yod, who was drunk as heck, mentions Tian.