Chapter 5: Tian's Happiness

Prompt by thughao: I've been thinking about this one for a little but what if Tian's parents find out where Tian is and Tulsa follows after them and they see Tian teaching/playing with the kids in field. You can decide what they do after that.

Any parent would worry if their child ran away from home, right? Any parent will do anything just to find their child, right? Well, that is what Mr. Teerayut, and his wife are doing, finding any means to get Tian back. Tul had watched over them for Tian, knowing his friend still worries and loves his parents despite the strained relationship he has with them.

Tul felt nervous when Teerayut involved one of his colleagues to find Tian. Since he knew where that little troublemaker is, he knows it won't be long until they find that guy. Living in the mountains will surely make Tian's mother to insult the people and the place there once they find Tian. Teerayut even made Tul call over Tian's phone multiple times but he knew it won't be answered since Tian probably turned his phone off and the signal there is not so good.

Tul wanted to reassure them but he knows that even if he said, Tian is in good hands and that he is happy, those words will only go to deaf ears. Especially with Tian's mother. But Tul has feeling that Mr. Teerayut will actually listen, he used to be part of the Natural Resources Ministry. He'll definitely be proud and happy for Tian.

"Where could that boy be? His heart transplant is still fresh! What if he doesn't have any money for food and shelter? Why would he do this?" Lalita said.

"Everything that Tian does, he thinks it through, Auntie. He definitely has a good reason of going off on his own. He's an adult." Tul tried to reason out.

"But he is still my baby! What if someone tried to rob him? Or even killed him?" Tul sighed. No matter what he says, this woman is never going to listen. No wonder why the male in this house finds ways to be away from her nagging.

"Honey, why don't you go and rest for tonight, we'll handle it here for now." Teerayut said.

Lalita sighed deeply before nodding and going to their room to sleep. Tul still kept ringing Tian's phone but it was still unavailable. He really wishes that Tian doesn't go to the city center in Chiang Mai. Or else this phone will definitely be able to track him since they made Tul connect his phone to their tracking system to find Tian.

"You know where he is right?" Teerayut said. Tul knows that it wasn't a question, more like he knew for a fact that Tul knew.

"I don't, Uncle." Tul lied.

"Tul, you have been with Tian longer than any of us. You're the only person he talks to about everything. I know he told you where he was going or else you wouldn't have been trying to reason out with my wife this whole time." Teerayut said.

"I..." Tul sighed, he knows he can't hide anything from an Ex-Secretary of the Natural Resources Ministry.

"Just tell me... Is he alright?" Teerayut asked.

Tul sighed once more, walked towards the door to make sure the mother isn't out there eavesdropping. When he sees no one and saw the couple's bedroom door is opened a little, he knew the wife is in there. He came back inside, closed the door and locked it.

"He's doing very good, actually. Last time I saw him, he's so happy, so contended with what he only has now. The long time I've known him, he was never happy. Yeah, he joked around a lot, got drunk and played casino with us, but true happiness never was shown in his eyes. Being where he is now, I saw for the first time the light in his eyes, the passion and the ultimate happiness. But there are some things he is still carrying on his shoulder." Tul said.

"Just knowing he is happy makes me happy and contended. Thank you, Tul." Teerayut said softly.

"I promise you, if you saw him where he is now and what he is doing with his life, you'd be proud of him." Tul said. Teerayut smiled at that.