Chapter 7 - Missing

I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I frowned, remembering the event that happened after the town saving. Trixie's expression and reaction to me and Eli's relationship. I sighed and rolled over, seeing a few of my slugs sleeping peacefully. I groaned and sat up, shaking my bed hair away from my face.

I swung my feet along my bed and gently pressing my feet on the cold wooden floor. The floor softly creaked under my weight and I rubbed my eyes, lazily walking down the stairs into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass cup, poured a good amount of milk into the cup.

I slowly drank all of the milk and placed the milk carton away and quickly washing the glass cup and leaving it in the drying rack to remove the water. As I was putting the glass cup away, I turned around and bumped into Eli. "Ack!" I yelped out, looking up and rubbing my head slightly. Eli looked down at me and he seemed half asleep.

"Why are you awake.." Eli mumbled out, resting his head on my shoulder. I sighed and buried my head in his neck. Eli seemed to stir at this but then remained still again. "I can't sleep.." I mumbled into his neck, tickling him slightly. "Come sleep with me." I went red at this. Argh, curse my dirty mind.

Eli pinched my cheek suddenly. "You're dirty. I meant cuddle. Dumbo." Eli teased, causing me to whine. "First, ow. Second, I know. Third, Thank you, I'm a cute elephant." I mumbled back, hitting Eli on the side a bit. He chuckled softly into my neck and let go of me. I frowned and followed him upstairs.

We both entered his room and I gasped at how messy it is. "Eli. Why is your room so messy!?" I yelled out, startling Eli slightly. "Keep your voice down... It's legit nearly midnight..." He mumbled back, pulling him onto his bed and then cuddling me again. I rolled my eyes but wrapped my arms around Eli, nuzzling my face into his chest.

"Whatever..." I mumbled, slowly falling asleep to the lullaby of Eli's soft heartbeat.

~~~

The next morning came by and light rays of sunlight peeked through Eli's curtains. The couple was still asleep, comfortably hugging each other on Eli's bed. There was light shuffling and soft murmurs from the bed until a small figure sat up slowly from the soft mattress. They swung their feet across the bed and slipped on their slippers, tiredly getting up.

Stretching out their limbs, they rubbed their eyes and walked over to the blinds. The sunlight bursting through the clear windows, the silhouette of the figure was no more than a extended shadow. They slowly pulled up the window and a soft breeze awakened their senses. Hair flowing calmingly behind her, she made her way to the bathroom.

Grabbing her toothbrush and toothpaste, Y/N filled up her cup with water and pushed out a good amount of toothpaste from the cylinder. After plopping it back onto the bathroom counter, she started brushing her teeth. (Don't ask how her toiletry is in Eli's bathroom. Sometimes they sleep together so I guess that's why? :>)

When she was satisfied with how clean her teeth felt, she rinsed all the toothpaste foam out of her toothbrush and rinsed her mouth with the water she filled in her cup before. When finishing her rinsing, she placed her toothbrush into her cup and splashed her face a few times. She flipped her hair up and stared at herself in the mirror. Frowning slightly, she dried her face and left the bathroom.

She was greeted with a half-awake Eli and an alarm a minute before it'll trigger its loud beeping across the hideout. And on time, the alarm set off and the whole hideout was probably awake by now. Giggling slightly, Y/N pecked Eli on the cheek and pushed him towards the bathroom, shoving him in and throwing his clothes in with him.

After shutting the door and hearing the shower go on, she left the room and went back to her own, abandoned bedroom. Sighing slightly, she plopped herself down on her bed. The bed sunk a bit due to her weight. Rubbing her eyes, she pulled off her PJs and quickly slipped into her usual uniform. After brushing her hair and putting on her makeup, Y/N left the room and jumped down the stairs into the kitchen.