Chapter 14 Rescue

While Reiji and I went on a quest to find some penguins we were utterly oblivious to what was happening behind our backs.

In the middle of the food court was a group of five lost vampires. They had been tailing their brother and human friend for the first few minutes of the date of the two. As they were planning on how to ruin their date the five vampires had lost them in a large crowd.

"I told you we should have just kidnapped her from the start!" Ayato yells at his albino brother.

"Tch, I didn't even agree to come here," Subaru says.

"Oh, yea?! Then why did you even tell me about the date in the first place!" Ayato yells accusingly.

Before Subaru can defend himself he's cut off by Kanato's complaining.

"What is so special about this human girl in the first place. She never shuts up and would look horrible as one of my dolls."

Before any more could be said everyone's attention is grabbed by a certain redheaded pervert.

"Now now everyone, why don't we just split up and look for the two?" Laito suggests.

For the first time since arriving at the food court, a certain sleepy vampire entered the chat. "For once if would seem the perverts making sense. You guys go split off and look for the pair and I'll wait here in case they come to eat."

With this the brothers agree to go look individually for the duo while Shu sle- keeps watch at the food court.

----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, while the boys were off on a manhunt said targets had finally found the penguins.

"Oh my gosh, they're so freaking cute! Reiji look! They are adorable!" I said while pointing at the beautiful creatures.

While I fangirled over penguins Reji was standing to the side and trying to find the appeal in the creatures.

Reji pushed his glasses up before talking. "They are just birds incapable of flight."

When he said this my mood immediately changed. "Take. It. Back." I said.

Reji raised one eyebrow at me and responded with "No."

I was tempted to argue but instead, let out a "hmph" and started walking away.

With no destination in mind, I just walked around aimlessly with Reji following behind me. After a few minutes of walking in silence, we were met with a large crowd of people. They were all crowding one exhibit.

I walked over and noticed that it was the gorilla exhibit. Grabbing Reiji's hand I pushed through the crowd and dragged him with me. When I finally reached the front where I could see I discovered just what was causing the commotion.

Inside the enclosure was a gorilla and scared to death a red-headed vampire. Reiji could also see this and I could practically feel his rage.

The gorilla was not happy that Ayato has intruded on his space and was currently trying to get its hands on him.

"Why doesn't the fool just teleport?!" I whispered to Reji.

Reji held his face in his palm and responded. "There are too many mortals watching."

As I watched Ayato's doom befall him I tried to find a solution. Looking at Reiji I said. "So we just gotta create a distraction right?"

"What do you have in mind?" Reiji asked with a look of question.

I grinned before replying. "Forgive me for this but it's necessary."

Before he could respond I started my plan.

"You two-timing piece of shit!" I yell out loudly. "I saw you just now texting that side hoe of yours! How could you, we're on a date but instead of paying attention to me you text her?"

Reiji who looks very confused tries to talk. "What ar-"

I stop him before he can continue. "I'm so tired of your shit I put up with you day after day for the kids and yet this is how you treat me?"

I glance around and notice I have everyone's attention.

I continue to yell false accusations. "First you knock me up, then you drop out of school, and now you're cheating on me?!"

I glance at the enclosure to notice Ayato had managed to teleport out so I decide it's time to wrap things up.

I start to fake cry. "You know what? I'm done! I've had it with your shit. I'll see you in court!" After that, I ran off.

I take a turn and once out of sight from the crowd I stop. Taking out my phone I decide to text Reji.

Before I can though I hear a loud laugh behind me. I turn to find Ayato and next to him Reji.

"Ah ha ha, Good one nerd good one! I don't think I've ever heard anyone yell at the four eyes like that."

Reji had his eye's closed and it holding his head in his hand.

"Heh heh, sorry about that Reiji but I had to create a scene." I apologize.

Reji finally recovers and responds. "It's my idiotic brother's fault not yours Ms.(L/N). Now care to explain why your here Ayato?"

Sensing Reigis murderers Aurora, Ayato pales a bit. "I came here with the others we split up to look for you two."

"Before Reiji can question him further I ask Ayato something. "So you mean your crazy blood-sucking brothers are also here?"

Ayato nods in confirmation.

Thinking about what I had just witnessed I feel my soul leave me. There were 4 other blood-sucking vampires each wondering on their own in a large zoon. If one had already managed to fall in the gorilla enclosure who knows what the rest were doing.

All I can say in response to all of this is.

"Shit" 

-------------------------------------

An: how are you, my lovely readers? I hope you enjoy the chapter and forgive me for writing a short one this time. The testing season has started for me so I may be extra slow with the update but don't worry they will come I will not abandon this fic. Just please be patient in case I don't post every two weeks. Please comment and vote!