Chapter 21 Night School

Entry 2.

Now, what if you meet halflings instead of pureblood vampires? First, allow me to explain the difference between the two. Pureblood vampires are born vampires and have the typical superhuman strength and hearing and other abilities often associated with vampires in lore. They are also capable of teleportation and can fly during a full moon. However, garlic, steaks, and silver have no effect on them whatsoever. The same is mostly true for halflings as well except their abilities are weaker and minus the flight.

Another huge thing is that contrary to popular belief halflings are not vampires that were turned by being bitten. A vampire's bite will turn no one into a vampire just potentially causing death. Actually, half vampires are humans who have been turned by pure blood. It's unknown how this happens; perhaps it's a kind of magic or potion.

One would think since they were previously human they may be kinder or more understanding than purebloods. Unfortunately, immortality gets to all immortals and causes arrogance. They may be a bit more understanding than purebloods but they have most likely lived longer than you. To them, you are no more than another human who will only live a sliver of the time they will.

So, say the vampire you meet is a halfling, what should you do then? The answer to this one is actually very simple. It's the same for what you should do should you come across a pureblood. Treat them as people and earn their respect.

-----------------------

I place my pen down and close the notebook that Ruki had given me. After that, I go to hide it inside my pillowcase. When I had been shown to my room I had also requested a notebook. When asked why I needed it I said it was so I could record my entries for my essay. I received a confused look but I was given a notebook. After I finish stuffing the book in my pillow I check the time on the small alarm clock by my bed. The small clock reads 7 PM and I smile.

I had finished my writing just in time to catch my ride. Slowly I crack my door open and peer out into the hallway. When I'm sure that no one is there I exit my room. I shut the door behind myself as quietly as humanly possible. After that, I start to tiptoe my way through the mansion while making sure not to run into any vampires.

Somehow I reach the front entrance without being spotted at all. I quickly exit through the front door to see the limo waiting to take the vampires to their night school at 8 PM.I quickly walk over to the trunk and open it.

I grin seeing that there's more than enough room to fit a human body. I hop into the tunk and shut the door. All that's left is to wait for the Mukamis to hop inside and go to school. They shouldn't have notice I'm gone since I had made to tell them not to bug me at all today since I would be busy with my writing.

Now, how should I pass the time? Without my phone, there's not much for me to do. Guess I'll just take a nap for an hour.

I close my eyes and let myself fall asleep. I enter a happy dream world but just when I'm getting settled I'm rudely woken up. My heart stops and I wake up in a panic. Turns out the limo had started driving and we hit a bump. I try to catch my breath and calm my beating heart. At least it would appear the brothers are off to school not knowing I'm accompanying them.

They must not think much of me to not even check up on me and make sure I was in my room. In the anime, they left Azusa to babysit Yui while the other three went to school. Guess a normi like me who's not Eve doesn't get the special treatment. Not that I cared, I was wondering why they were letting me stay anyway. Maybe it's the protection of plot armor?

I wave the thought from my head when I feel the limo come to a stop and hear screaming. Are those the screams of young maidens? I listen for a second to make sure. Yup, those are the screams of young maidens who have been tainted by Kou's singing. I decided to wait till I can feel the limo start to move again. Once I do I give it a few seconds before pushing the emergency button to open the trunk. I then stare out at the moving road and take a deep breath before hopping out.