Getting Ready For The Dance

Ginny POV

It was the night of the dance! I was so excited! I had taken care choosing a dress, poring over pictures of the most gorgeous dresses, but I chose one with a halter neck, made of red silk, with gold lace along the hem and slightly up the side. It had been a present from one of my very distant relations. I wore some gorgeous strappy golden high heels that Mum had gotten cheap from a Muggle charity shop, and some gold earrings and a ring to match. My great great grandmother was to be thanked for those.

"You look amazing," Hermione said wistfully. She was desperately trying to smooth out a tiny crease in her dress. I rolled my eyes. She looked stunning, in a pale lilac floaty dress with beautiful pearls studded along the hem. She had a fake sapphire earrings, but they looked so beautiful that it didn't matter if they were fake. She also had a pearl bangle on her left wrist. And of course, she wouldn't be Hermione if she didn't order a tiny transfer tattoo of a book and quill on her right ankle, which showed through her indigo-coloured silk high heels.

I tilted my head to one side, my eyebrow raised. She smiled sheepishly at me.

"How do I look?" she asked, slowly spinning around.

"Perfect." I grinned. "Let's go then."

Then we set off to the Great Hall.

Draco POV

I wore the suit I'd packed, a very boring one made of some sort of black material. Pansy wore a hideous dress made of frilly pink stuff, making her complexion look hollow and sallow. I grimaced to myself. She saw.

"Don't you like the dress?" she asked, her eyes wide and her lips pouting. I nodded unconvincingly, but she bought it and gave me a lipsticky smile. We set off to the Great Hall where the Dance was taking place.