Prologue

"Your parent's last will and testament says that every properties is left under your name, Yaya.
However, you can only get your hands on these if you are successful in handling your company, Sperbund Lmtd"

Attorney Luke explained everything to me clearly. He's in his 50's and had been my parent's trusted lawyer since.
I remained silent. Things are overwhelming. Things happened so fast, I'm having a hard time understanding.

I lost my parent's in a car accident. Report says it was because of the break malfunction.
I refuse to believe that no one is behind this.

I'm pretty sure it's their business rival. Though I am naive of these business things as I didn't really have the interest, one thing is just clear to me now. I lost them because of the damn business they had been trying to protect.

"Luke, if I tell you I'm not interested, will that change anything?" I said looking down. I released a huge sigh as he shaked his head because of disbelief.

"Yaya, I know how devastated you are. I feel the same. They are also a family to me. I don't want you to take the risk too as this path may be dangerous to you--"

"But this is the only way that we can find out the culprits too, right? I mean, I am so torn between moving on and if I should fight for my parents." I closed my eyes aggressively that it hurts.

"You're smart and definitely strategic, Yaya."

"I know and I think, being in the business field is fun. A playground. If I don't get over this mess I'd forever be crucified. Imprisoned. I have to find out if it's really an accident or someone was behind my parent's death, Luke."

"I'm here to support you, you know that."

"Get everything ready. Introduce me to the board, clear all the things about me. They should be clueless of who they are dealing with, Luke. I maybe known to be my parent's daughter but they shouldn't know anything other than that." I ordered him with a grin.

"Certainly." he responded.

They better be ready for me. They took the most precious people in my life. I'll make sure to do the same. Triple.

*******************************

A really short prologue.
Let's see how this goes.

Tweet me your thoughts!
@writingforNY