Chapter 1

"I dont want this. This isn't giving me the information that I need!"

Everyone knows how straightforward I am. If I don't like a thing then I don't like it. I'd tell them.

"Revise that. I want this kind of view, not the one you are handing me." I told the company staff that has ruined my morning.

She went out of my office almost running. I think everyone knows me here as the cold hearted CEO. Who cares? I dont need anyone's opinion.

I dont smile at anyone I don't feel like smiling. I don't socialize.

I closed my eyes in frustration. Today, like my ordinary days, I just miss my parents. My lips parted as I lean on my chair, eyes still closed and I took a deep breath.

I held the family picture that's on my desk. Like a habit, I put my hand on my temple massaging it.

"My angels.. are you watching me over there? Am I being so hard on people? Your baby girl here misses you again." my tears are threatening to fall.

I am so alone. I guess, even if I find out the people behind my parent's death, I'd still be alone.

"Hello, Luke. So how soon? I've been waiting since forever." I called our lawyer to ask for updates about the mission.

"Well apparently these people we are suspecting Yaya are just powerful too."

"The Kugimiyas. They're even nothing before! That's the reason why they did my parents dirty! I'm going to crush them. That even their grandchildren would bend their knees before me, asking for forgiveness." I gritted my teeth out of anguish.

"We don't have enough evidence. We can only speculate things but they can take this against us if we are not careful, Yaya. So calm down. We will find out soon enou--."

I didn't let Luke finish as I hang up the  phone. I want to get back to them so bad but Luke wanted me to take it slow? Certainly we're not sure who are the real culprits but they are the only people who can do this to my parents.

I remember that traumatic day of my life. My parents are on their way home. Mom called me, happiness at the tone of her voice is evident.
They just closed a deal with one of the largest companies in Bangkok, Stretsis Empire.

Their competitor during the bid is the Kugimiya Corporation. Though I'm not really into this business thing, I was happy for them. My dad was even talking to me too as my mom put the call in loudspeaker.

They're so happy. After they ended the call, I am sure they are happy. Never thought that on the same day, their days would end. Together.

"Shit! Things aren't worth remembering!" I blurted out.
Right now, I'm sitting on a private lounge in a bar here in Bangkok, Mojjo Rooftop.

I had a few red wine when a man appeared in front of me raising his drink toasting his glass to mine.

Rude. Who is this shit?
"Who the hell are you and who do you think you are disturbing me?" I raised my brow at him.

"Seriously you don't know me?" his dimpled smile is a killer, can't deny that.

"I'm not interested to know you. You go away whoever you are before I throw my drink at you."

"Woah. Relax, I won't do anything to you. It's just I saw that you're alone and I'm alone too" the audacity of this punk to even wink at me.

"That doesn't mean you're invited. So get your ass out of here." I told him as I continued drinking.

"Such a strong woman. My type. If I tell you my name will you let me sit here? Okay, I'm Nadech."

"I don't care who you are, okay? I just want you out of my sight. Look, I came here to relax but you suddenly showed up unwanted."

"I also paid to get here. Also, no other lounge I can be in. So it's a no. I'll stay." the jerk crossed his legs and his leech brows annoyingly goes up and down.

Looks like I don't really have a choice.

"So why are you alone here? Are you stressed of something or what?"

I gave him a sharp look.
"Don't be too nosy. I'm not interested in talking to you."

"I'm just asking, why are you so mad?"

"Because you're disturbing my peace."

"I want peace too that's why I'm here, you know."

I chuckled. "Is this some kind of a tactic so you can have any girls you want to be with for fun?"

He raised both of his hands in disbelief.
"Woah. You're judging me, huh? I am not that kind of man. Well perhaps to some girls who are easy to get swayed, I won't say no" he said with a wink.

I gave him a disgusted look. "Well, I won't buy that."

"I know. You're pretty different and seems like you know how to carry yourself. Impressive."

"I don't need your opinion. If you want to stay seated there, you shut up."

"Okay, okay. I surrender." he lets out a grin.

I gulped a few glass of wine as I enjoyed the beauy of the city lights. The cold wind hitting my bare shoulders. I shivered as I felt it.

This Nadech that I just met stood up. Is he going? Then that's good so I can be alone here.

To my surprise, he went behind me draping his suit all over me.
"Here. I saw you shivering so I just think this might help?"

I furrowed my brows to his gesture. I never thought he had this gentleman side. Guess his using this to all of the girls he's targeting.

"Thanks." that's all I can say.

"So, are you gonna talk to me now?"

"Why do you need to talk to me? I mean, we're not even friends so I don't see the need."

"Maybe because.. I don't know.. I just feel like talking to a stranger. After all, we won't be seeing each other again anyway."

"Hell yeah. You have a point."

"Actually you know, I'm not even sure why I'm here." he started.

I just gave him a confused look.
"Obviously, you wanted to flirt and drink."

"Hey! Do I really look like that cheap of a person? I don't flirt. Girls flirts with me." he said giving me a toast.

"Well, I live alone. I hate my parents. They wanted me to take over our company which I don't have any interest of. Such naggers." He added.

I wanted to open up too. We don't know each other anyway and perhaps we'll forget each other after this night.

I gave him deep sigh.
"We're basically the same. The only difference is, I had to take over because I don't have a choice."

"What do you mean you don't have a choice? You always have a choice."

"You think so? Then you're wrong. My parents died though. Unlike you, I literally have no one"

"Sorry to hear that.."

"No don't be sorry. That's why you cherish your parents while they're still there. Gosh, thats so dramatic."

He lets out a huge sigh.
"If you don't mind, how did they die?"

My fingers played with the glass as I looked at it sharply.
"Car accident. I'm convinced someone was behind that. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Oh, why am I telling these things to a stranger."

"I'm sad about what happened to your parents and I hope you find the culprits behind it if there is."

"Im pretty sure there is."

"Let's just drink the night away? Let's pretend we're friends tonight."

"Friends?"

"Friends. Cheers".

*****************************

HEY PEOPLE! GOT SO BORED SO I CAME UP WITH THIS.

HOW'S THIS? WE'RE STARTING NOW ❤️

ENJOY! TWEET ME AT @writingforNY