48

Within a week the plan to secretly catch Liam out was complete.

It had practically been a blur; full of emails, phone calls and tiring conversations which either involved so much convincing you might as well have been begging on your knees, or ended up just going around in circles until someone pulled through with a bright idea.

Of course you'd had to start with the most integral part - actually organising a meeting with Liam and making it seem as though you were on the utter defence, rather than the concealed attack position you'd all taken up.

It had taken a day or so to actually get through to him; Phoebe had to endure many petty, frustrating phone calls which usually left her increasingly irritated the longer she was put on hold or palmed off with some see-through excuse.

But eventually when Phoebe had accidentally dropped your name to whoever she'd been on the phone too, it had turned out to be the key to getting what you'd wanted. Initially you'd decided to keep your name out of it, and just act as though someone else was going, but then have the element of surprise by catching Liam off guard when you turned up instead. But when it appeared that mentioning you was the key to getting directly to Liam, everyone agreed it had been a beneficial mistake.

Knowing you had that much of an influence over Liam's cooperation made a small amount of nausea roil in your stomach. Just how much did his so called feelings for you consume him?

But you'd shaken the thought off, focusing on the situation at hand and reminding yourself that once you got through all of this, you'd never have to deal with Liam again.

And you had to admit, that was turning into a very nice thought.

What was also making you very happy, was seeing Harry finally have a spring back in his step.

After your little surprise in his office the night after Zayn's reveal, it had taken you much longer to actually leave the office than you'd expected.

Since most of your get up had been left on during the first round of intense fucking, Harry found an excuse to peel off each article between different types of sexual acts. Every time you'd attempted to re-dress, his darkened, wonton gaze made your stomach drop in the best way and stopped you straight in your tracks.

By the time the two of you actually left the building and got in the chauffeur driven car to drive back to Harry's apartment, you'd been half asleep with how spent you were feeling, but was still unable to keep the sated, sleepy smile from your face at the pleasant ache between your thighs.

Harry, noticing how tired you were in the lift, had swept you up in his arms bridal style when the doors had slid open onto his floor. You'd snuggled into his chest and breathed in his musky, slightly sex-infused scent and the last thing you'd remembered was being tucked into his bed, dressed in one of Harry's over-sized t-shirts.

It had been one of the best night sleeps of your life that was for sure.

But regardless of the mind-blowing sex, ever since that day Harry finally had that swagger and confidence back that'd you'd missed seeing around the office. It truly was such a relief, and you hadn't realised how much the lack of his usual spritely aura had been playing on your conscious.

Even though the week-long planning meant there was only just under two weeks until the official date of the court case, Harry still remained calm and collected and it truly was a testament to how resilient he was.

Half way during the week, the small group that had now grown to include Niall and Phoebe along with you, Harry and Zayn, decided it might be a good idea to include Victoria, Harry's lawyer into the plan.