8

After that meeting, something changed between the two of you. You weren't exactly sure what it was but you certainly felt a lot closer to Harry, and you could tell he felt the same. He had conducted some strongly-worded phone calls to HR immediately after the events from the meeting happened, even though you insisted he didn't have too. Something about his persistence and protective nature made you reluctant to push too hard against his wishes. You also knew deep down that what happened was unacceptable. Luckily, you hadn't dwelled on what had happened and the way it had made you feel; and that was almost all down to Harry and his support.

You and Harry worked like a well oiled-machine and you had only been at the company for just under a month; even though it felt like so much longer. Emmy was ecstatic with the relationship you and Harry had built and was convinced he was in love with you, and didn't fail to tell you that each time you filled her in on any gossip.

"So I was wearing that burgundy dress - you know the tight one, makes my bum look good?"

"Yes!"

"And I shit you not, when I went into his office he practically undressed me with his eyes -"

"Yess!!"

"Anyway, I turned around to start walking out, but turned back to say something and guess where he was looking?"

"Where? Where? Tell me!"

"My ass,"

"Yesss!!! I knew it,"

"But then you wouldn't believe what he said after,"

"Oh my god it gets better?!"

"He said, 's'not fair for you to be looking this good at work Cecelia' and when I asked him if he wanted me to change that, he said 'God no'!"

"YESSS!!!" You nearly missed the rest of Emmy's sentence as you had to pull the phone away from your ear since the level of decibels her squeal reached could've burst your eardrum, "He loves you Ceece, I'm telling ya!"

That wasn't the only moment things had been slightly more than just friendly between you two, but you both knew deep down that nothing more could happen; co-worker relationships were not uncommon, but you and Harry unconsciously shared the belief that work and romance should be kept separate.

It was an exceptionally fresh day in early February so you had opted for a pair of blue trousers, rather than your usual skirts and dresses. You picked up some coffees for you and Harry on your way to the office, hoping the hot liquid would warm you both up. The warmth of the building embraced your cold body gratefully as you arrived.

Tapping lightly on Harry's door you opened it slightly and paused as you noticed he was on the phone. He beckoned you in with a warm smile regardless, mouthing the words 'my Mum' as he indicated the phone pressed against his ear. Nodding, you walked quietly to the coffee table in front of the terracotta sofa you loved so much and placed the coffees down.

"Thanks Mum, I'll look out for it when I get home later,"

You heard a muffled response before Harry said, "No I don't have anything planned, works been busy and you know I'm not the biggest fan of birthdays..."

Your eyes snapped up in shock - it was Harry's birthday?

Their conversation wrapped up soon with Harry thanking his Mum again and finishing with a sweet 'miss you, love you' before locking the phone and slipping it into his dark green dress pants, noticing his brown boots that were decorated with an intricate Chinese dragon; you loved them.

"Harry! Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" You pouted up at him.

"Mmm, you're wearing trousers today, that's new...I like them, very girl-boss," he mused.