6

You hadn't noticed it on your way into Harry's office (funnily enough you were a bit distracted by the events that had just unfolded) but there was a whole little desk area set up outside his office door. A large curved desk and chair were placed diagonally to the left of the door; opposite that on the other side, a few comfy leather chairs were placed around a low coffee table - a small waiting area. Plants, expensive looking paintings and a few random objects were placed here and there to make the space more appealing. Half walls with glass trimmings added some privacy to the area, but not making it feel secluded at the same time.

"Feel free to add any personal touches to the area, you'll be spending a fair amount of time here," advised Harry.

"It's great," you assured, "it feels like I've got my own office, rather than just being stuck out front like a secretary...not that there's anything wrong with that," you added quickly.

"No I understand, your role is more than just a pretty face," his eyes were hard to read, but you were sure you saw a flicker of pride, was it?

After showing you how to log in to the computer and set up an account, Harry was just about to return to his office to bring you some information on his clients before you asked for the directions to the toilet.

He pointed you in the right direction and you grabbed your phone and made a beeline for them, immediately dialling Emmy's number as soon as you were out of earshot. She picked up by the time you were locked in a stall, "Hel-"

"You didn't think to mention to me that the man I had a one night stand with was potentially going to be my new boss?!" you whispered in exasperation down the phone to your best friend.

"Well hello to you too, sunshine," her response dripping in sarcasm.

"I'm being serious!!"

"Uhhmm...surprise! Cecy, he's Harry Styles for Gods sake, it's beyond me why you even snuck out on him after all that hot sex you had the other week!"

You groaned out loud at that, how had you not thought she would some how turn this into a match-making attempt.

"Because that's just it, Emmy! He's Harry Styles! You know I can't risk the reputation I've built up, especially now I'm working for him-"

"Cecelia, you know I know that, more than anyone! But I also know that you're using that as an excuse because you're scared." She said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Scared of what?!"

"Being hurt again - I know you don't like mingling with famous men with big egos because of what happened with-"

"Yes, yes okay I know, but what's that got to do with anything?" You demanded.

"Because," she began, extending the latter 'e' in a way that implied whatever she was going to say next was completely obvious, "Harry's the first guy you've had an interest in since Damon, it wasn't just a coincidence he was at my birthday last week you know, and I think he would be really good for you Ceece. You can't just shut your heart off forever, and I know that you felt a spark between you and Harry at the club and not just in a physical way so don't even try to deny it."

You sighed defeatedly - she wasn't wrong in the slightest. When you had first arrived in New York, you had fallen hard and fast for a man whose confidence and charm had attracted you instantly. As your career grew you used your connections to help his budding career as a photographer, but in the end those two things that you loved about him had been the downfall of your relationship as it seemed hoards of other women came hand in hand with his growing fame. It had nearly destroyed you; not only the cheating but more so the feeling of being used. From that point on you had vowed not mix work with play, as your hard work, and admittedly naivety at the time, would never be taken from you like that again.