40

It was your last week in New York before you and Harry were flying back to the UK for Christmas. Your flight was early next Saturday morning meaning you had a full week before Christmas Day to spend catching up with family and friends. The twelve days you had booked off over the holidays had loomed incredibly quickly, but you couldn't seem to stop thinking about your first Christmas with Harry.

"Emmy it's consuming me I swear!" You said in exasperation on Monday night after work when you met up for dinner.

She just gave you a smug look and a smirk over her wine glass.

"Don't give me that look, I know I'm disgustingly in love but your whole 'I told you so, knew this was gonna happen' isn't helping!"

Emmy just laughed, "Ceece I've never seen you like this, of course I expected it, but to actually see it happen...young love is a beautiful thing," she sighed wistfully.

You scoffed, "Oh please, don't give me that. May I remind you how you acted when you first met Niall?"

Her eyes widened and she made a gagging face, "You wouldn't dare, I was disgustingly in love too - no need to remind me."

"We both know you're still disgustingly in love, don't try to deny it!"

"Not when he farts in his sleep like he did last night - I'm just disgusted then," she said with a hint of fear in her voice as she relived the memory.

You burst into peals of laughter with Emmy joining in not long after, attracting a couple of looks from those sitting close to you in the restaurant. But neither of you cared; with everything that had been going on you needed a good laugh with your best friend.

Once you'd both calmed down, Emmy spoke, "So come on then, tell me what you've got planned back in the old Blighty?"

Deciding to embrace your excitement, and glad Emmy knew you well enough to know you'd want to share, you launched into your festive plans.

You and Harry had started penciling some stuff in about a week ago and you had been very glad that he was the one to broach the conversation. Since everything still felt quite new between you two, you'd been a bit nervous to talk holiday plans. Especially because of the now inevitable meeting each others families.

So far it had worked out perfectly; you and Harry would stay in his Hampstead home, as well as spending the odd couple of nights at yours and his family homes. Every year your family held a massive Christmas Eve party with some extended family and close friends which ticked off one round of introductions. The second introductions had been sorted when Anne had kindly invited you to the Styles' Boxing Day celebrations, meaning you could still spend Christmas Day with your family.

Then of course, you'd made sure to take some time to meet up with Frilly, conveniently organising it on a day when Louis was also free with Harry's help. Seems like he also wanted their budding relationship to have a second chance, and you'd been in fits of giggles over Harry's terrible match making ideas.

"Why don't we just hang mistletoe everywhere so they can't avoid standing under it?" He'd proposed with a glint in his eye that suggested he thought this was genius.

You'd rolled your eyes playfully with a giggle, "I think that might be a little bit too obvious H."

"Hmm," he'd pursed his lips in thought, a hand cupping his chin, before his eyes sparked up again, "Ooh, what if I just do this?"

You'd watched him in confusion then as he got up and started walking towards you until he was stood just behind your right shoulder. The smile continued to grow on your face in amused suspicion, when finally your question was answered when a shadow passed over your head.