Part Ten

Tony's POV

"Tony I'm glad you came to see me. I have a mission for you. Well for the team actually" Fury spoke as he typed away on a computer him and Maria where setting up some information and things for another mission. "Fury I need to speak to you and it's not about the mission and in private" Fur and Maria locked eyes Maria left the room saying she would be back in a few minutes. You leaned again one of the desks your arms folded across your chest. "What's this about Tony"

"What happened to Harper on that mission that you aren't telling us?" You asked staring at him waiting for an answer, Fury bowed his head looking at his shoes as he cleared his throat.

"Things got out of hand, she was invading Hydra to gather some intel on their location and how inside was. The team got into a battle and when she tried to find out what happened to them she got caught. They found out she was your sister and she was held hostage and beat for days until Colson and his team where able to track her and storm the place. Retrieving her" You couldn't believe what you where hearing her first mission and she had already been through the shit end of it.

"And you didn't think to bring her home" your angry voice empowered your words. "We tried Stark we tried. But she is a stark and she wanted to complete the mission she begged me for a month. That within that month she would get what we needed and come home and she did" you shook your head looking away at the wall for a minute "I should of been there. You should of told me!" You fought back, enraged by the action of the commandeer.

"I followed orders from the Avenger Incharge, I wanted to bring her home Tony. I would of but we where so close" you laugh angrily shaking your head "because you where close doesn't mean you put other in danger"

"Look Tony I'm sorry" Fury apologised he seemed sincere but a sorry wasn't going to cut it. "She's benched from the next mission okay BENCHED. She needs to recover she's traumatised. I won't have back out on the field till she's 100% ready. So whatever this next mission is she's not going" Fury nodded understandingly at you, he didn't want to fight and you could tell he was sorry.

You shake your head with a sigh and walk out, numbing into Maria on your way out you apologise for walking into her and just keep walking. You found some of the team playing games upstairs in the livingroom. "What are you guys doing?"

Peter responded rolling the dice and moving his figure "we are playing monopoly" you roll your eyes catching Nat's glance "Nat can I speak to you for a second?" She nodded and got up from her seat before she followed you she pointed a finger at Peter "steal money from me and I will break your fingers" Wanda and Thor laughed at the redhead and she followed you away I got he kitchen away from everyone.

"What's up have you heard from fury" she asked, her eyes laced with concern as she leaned against the counter. You sigh shaking your head yes, you hand running up to rub your temples. You explained to Nat what Fury had told you. Nat eyes where watery her vision blurred as she tried to hold back the tears.

"Why didn't they bring her home after that?" She choked out tiling her eyes looking up at you waiting to hear the answer "she wanted to finish the mission" Nat shook her head with a laugh "she's just as stubborn as you. You know" you breathe out a laugh scratching the back of your neck.

"We also have another mission but she's not going. I won't allow it not right now at least" Nat nodded agreeing with me we talk about it for awhile before coming to an agreement that all missions for the next month Harper was benched from until we where able to know that she wasn't having Panic attacks or nightmares anymore.

Nat left to go back to her game with Thor, Wanda and Peter while I went to go check up on Harper. Gently knocking on the door I hear a faint 'come on' from inside I open the door walking in and shutting it again. Harper was sitting on her bed with her phone in her hands.