7; The new world

Season 2 episode 3 "girl meets new world"

Delilah was hanging over at the Matthew's with Doy, so that he could play with Auggie while Delilah and Topanga did their respective work.

"Delilah," Topanga called her and she looked at her, "Don't you think it's time Doy learns to pronounce his name?"

"No." She went back to writing.

"He's 6 already," Topanga kept talking, "He'll understand."

"No, he won't." Delilah smiled, "He'll scream in your face."

"Why don't you let me try?" Topanga suggested.

"You do you," She kept writing as Topanga stood up and walke Dover to the sofa, where Doy sat with Auggie.

"Hi," Tolanga sat between them. "Honey," She looked at the kid, "could you spell your name for me?" She smiled.

"Mom, no." Auggie talked.

"D-e-w-e-y. Doy." He did as asked, "The "w" is silent."

"Let it be silent." Auggie muttered. "He's my only bro."

"Okay, but see, honey," She looked at her son, "the "w" is actually" She looked back at Doy, "not silent."

"No!"

"Yes."

"Doy!"

"Let him be right, mom." Auggie told her.

"Except, he's not right." She smiled and looked at the kid, "No, see, his name is not "Doy" no, it's "Dewey." With a "w" that you say." She touched his hand in comfort. Doy started hyperventilating, "What is that? What are you doing?" Doy started crying and then screamed.

"You ruined my playdate." Auggie complained.

"I'm sorry." She told Auggie and turned to the kid, "I'm so sorry, Dewey."

"Doy!" He shouted.

"Warned you!" Delilah talked from her seat.

"Fix him!" Topanga begged from the sofa.

"That's your problem, now." Delilah smiled at her.

"What the--" Cory ran inside the living room from the bedrooms, "what did you do to Doy?"

"Are you kidding me, Cory?" Topanga asked in disbelief.

"It's 'Coy". Around him, it's 'Coy'." Cory kneeles next to the couch, "Come to Coy, Doy!" The kid jumped down the sofa and huggd Cory.

"Can we go to Auggie's room?" He asked between tears.

"Yes, I'll go and read you a stoy." Cory took his hand and walked with them to the bedrooms.

"This has to be a joke." Topanga walked back to the kitchen table.

"No, it's not." Delilah looked at her, "It's my life."