20; The Ski Lodge (2)

Season 3 episode 9 "girl meets ski lodge pt2"

As you asked for.

It was the day after, and everyone stood on the stairs looking at Riley and Evan.

"You're wearing the same clothes." Smackle said.

"You look sleepy to me." Farkle accused.

"Who's that? That one there. Who's that?" Zay pointed at Evan.

"So I can't stay up with my friend but Riley can?" Eric asked.

"Come on everyone, move!" Delilah made the group move.

•••

"This is a game we're going to play. We've had it behind the counter for years." Delilah heard Evan talk as she entered the room with Eric and Cory, "Yeah, I'm going to read you some questions from this book. It's called the Official Guide to Who Belongs With Who."

"The book's gonna tell us?"

"No!" Cory panicked, "I remember that book. That book is evil. The first question is, "if you could change your mate into one animal, what would it be?" And the only answer is, the falcon." He ranted.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I am the falcon."

"Of course, you are."

"Let's play." Maya smiled.

"Let's find out who belongs with who?" Riley agreed and they sat down.

"Don't do it. Nobody do it." Cory talked as Delilah sat on an armchair near the group with her book and Eric sat next to Riley. "No one ever listens to the falcon." Then, Farkle, Smackle and Xay ran inside, "You all deserve what you get."

The group started playing. Evan read the first question, and apparently, it wasn't the same book. The question was "What's the most meaningful part of a relationship?" And they got to the conclusion that the answer was "conversation".

"So the most meaningful part of a relationship is talking to each other?" Riley asked.

"And with the right person, sometimes you can talk all night." Evan said, making Delilah put her book down, looking discreetly.

"Yup, maybe so." Lucas agreed, "Well, if y'all will excuse me, I'm gonna go over there and maybe, I don't know, kick a tree." He walked outside

"Will y'all excuse me? I'm going to go over there and maybe, I don't know, save a tree." Zay followed him.

"Question number two." Evan kept talking, "How do you know if you love somebody?"

"You know what? I'm through playing games, I want to talk to you." Maya stood up.

"Who?"

"Who?"

When she grabbed Josh's hand Eric snapped his head to his mother, both mouth a gap in surprise.  The girl closed her book and rushed over sitting next to Riley, where Maya sat.

"I just need to think. Yeah, I just need to think." Riley stood up and walked away.

"May I please see that book?" Delilah asked.

"This book? Okay, what do you need to see this book for?" Evan asked.

"Smackle, distract him." Farkle said and the girl danced, giving him the chance to take it.

"If you could change your mate into one animal..." He started reading, "This is the same book from when Mr. and Mrs. Matthews were here last?"

"You were making up the questions?" Delilah asked.

"Why would you do that?" Smackle asked.

"Hi. I'm Evan, your friendly mountain guide. And I want to help people find the way to places they never thought they could reach before." He smiled.

"How do you know so much about us?" Farkle asked.

"I was talking with Riley all night. You would think that for one second we could talk about her and me... but you guys were all she wanted to talk about." He looked at the woman and she smiled proudly.

•••

"Wait," Cory stopped Delilah as she walked outside her room, "you've been here before haven't you?" He pointed at her as Topanga arrived.

"What?" His wife frowned.

"Yes, I have." She admitted and they both gasped, "Every winter since I got married." They gasped more.

"Are you kidding me?" Topanga asked.

"No," Delilah answered.

"Why?" Cory asked.

"Well," She started, "Lauren called me after she heard about the wedding and invited us to come here as her wedding present." She explained.

"And you came back every year?" Cory asked, "Why?

"Because we like it!" She smiled, "and I wasn't about to let whatever teenage drama you got get in between that." She explained.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Topanga asked.

"Because this lodge is the one thing Jack never missed." She smiled, "It doesn't matter how much work he has or whatever we've been through. He never misses this." She smiled, "This place might be evil to you," She stepped closer, "but this is my safe place."

"Lilah," Topanga held her arms, "you should've told us." She smiled.

"It's not like Lauren still works here or anything, anyway." Cory smiled sweetly and Delilah widened her eyes.

"Of course." She chuckled and walked away.

•••

"What are you doing?" Delilah leaned over the reception desk looking at Evan.

"They're talking," He looked at the bay window where Riley and Lucas sat, "and I'm waiting for her look."

"What look?" Delilah frowned, and then Riley smiled at Lucas lovingly.

"That look, that look there." He smiled, "Sherpa." He said waving his fingers like a magician making the girl chuckle.

"So, you're ok?" She asked.

"Yeah," He looked at her, "I'm just here watching people pass by." He smiled, "Someday I'll become one of them."

"Of course, kid." She chuckled, "Eric is packing his bags.  He'll be here any second to say goodbye."

•••

"You couldn't get them to pack their own bags?" Delilah asked as she helped the couple with the group's bags.

"Well, every time I came down and tried, they were so adorable I just couldn't do it." Topanga answered, "I'm really glad we came here this weekend. It was a good time." She smiled, "You can come here anytime you want."

"Eric, we're leaving." Delilah told him and he smiled at Evan.

"Mr. Matthews," Evan called him.

"Yes?"

"My mother says hello." He smiled and the group stared at him and then at Delilah.

"Goodbye Evan!" She gave Eric two bags, "Say hello to Lauren!" She ran away with her son.

"I'm never coming here again." Topanga walked away.

"Nature!"