19

Lester pov (back story)

I've always wanted to be a doctor, I always loved the idea of helping other. It made me happy, it made me feel like I had a purpose. I took care of my mother a lot, my father is... abusive towards her. Forces her to do thing, hits her, he does unspeakable things and I've intervened every single time, for some reason he never hit me. He yelled and cursed at me, saying hurtful words but never hit me. 

My mother is my rock, she is my main reason for living. She is my soul. I was currently in the principal's office for 'getting into a fight' when really John started to bully and punch this kid Edward and I simply just got in the way and John decided to try and hit me which didn't end well for him.

"Hi Ms. Ster-" My principal started, my mother hated being called by her last name since it's my fathers.

"Please call me Anna." 

"Yes, Anna. Your son got into a fight-"

"No he didn't."

"Yes he did, see my top student John-"

"John isn't your top student, he is your low student. It's honestly disappointing that you didn't even hear what my son had to say or even check the security cameras, you lets that kid run high and mighty thinking he can do anything and get away with anything. I have evidence that John bullies and harasses kids in this school, I will be suing." My principal was shocked and looked at her stunned.

"Anna with all due respect, it's all your sons fault." Now she was pissed she stood up abruptly that her chair knocked back.

"It's my sons fault for saving a kid how was getting beaten up and bullied by your so called top student? No it's your fault for letting such a student still be here, all you're doing is feeding his ego! I am removing my son from this so called 'school' where you're supposed to keep the kids safe. Lets go Lest." I grabbed my bag and sent a small smile to the principal, we walked out with out heads up, passing several kids in the hall.

Including one that was staring me down, Lyric. He's good friends with John, not my problem though. Once we got to the car she let out a breathe.

"Was that too mean I feel like it was too mean... I should apologize." She says

"Calm down mom, you're going to be ok." Then I see her nose bleed "Mom your nose is bleeding." I grab a tissue and wipe her nose "Let me drive, you need to keep your head back." We switch spots and she kept bleeding through out the ride. 

I fell asleep calmly thinking about life until I was woken up by a scream, not a torturing scream but an agony scream. I rushed to my mothers room, "Mom? What's wrong what's wrong?" I stroke her hair kneeling in front of her bed.

"Hurts.... everywhere..."

"Ok ok." I call 911 and soon the medics come in carrying her away.... a day I wouldn't forget. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.

That year was one of the hardest, I had to drop out of school but also find a job to pay for rent. I took care of my mother more not that I cared, she ended up losing her hair, she looked beautiful with and without hair. My dad occasionally visited, he apologized for everything he's done. It was a meaningful apology but that doesn't mean I fully forgive him, he sometimes gives us some money to survive. 

"Mother?" I say quietly "It's time to eat and I know you hate eating but doctors orders." I chuckle, place the tray on the night stand. She didn't move "Mom?" I shook her "MOM!" I check her pulse but didn't feel anything.... she was gone. My mother, my heart, my soul was gone.

That night, I got drunk. I didn't even call the hospital, I know how much she hated them. So I let her sleep peacefully, I walk to a cliff and didn't hesitate... I jumped without second thinking. Black. Everything was black. My only problem is that I'm alive, I'm breathing. 

The cliff was tall enough, I should be dead. I open my eyes and look around to see three other boys.... fuck what am I doing here.