-nine-

" Megan, this is y/n." Sal says in a softer tone than usual to talk to the spirit of a little girl.

" Hi!" She happily greets me. I awkwardly smile and wave to her.

" Hi" I say.

" Are you Sally's girlfriend?" She asks, cocking her head to the side. I nervously laugh a little at the question.

" No, we're just friends"  I respond.

" Well you're very pretty!" She compliments.

" Thank you!"

" So, Megan, how's your mom?" Sal asks

".. sad.." She mumbles, her mood quickly changing.

" That's a shame.. can you tell us what's wrong?" I ask.

" I'm not sure. Mommy and Daddy don't let me in on their secrets."

" Well.. what's your dad like?"

" Scary." Is all she replies with. Sal sighs, feeling bad for her.

" Well you can always talk to us." I say.

" Yeah, but we have to keep searching around the apartments. Bye, Megan." He says

" Bye!" She says before melting into the floor.

" I feel bad for her. I didn't think a ghost could have such a sad afterlife." I mumble

" Me either. It's a shame since she's so nice."

" Yeah.." I whisper an agreement.

" Well we didn't come here to get sad. Let's keep going." He says. I nod my head and allow him to lead me around. About an entire hour later, we make our way back to my apartment.

" Well that was interesting. Thank you for showing me that, Sal." I say.

" No problem. It was fun being with you."

" Yeah, I always enjoy being with you, so maybe we can go ghost hunting again."

" Mhm... well, we should both go to sleep, school starts in two days."

" You're right. Well, goodnight then." I say.

" Goodnight" He says before walking off. I watch as he goes to his apartment then I go inside my own apartment. I sigh pleasantly from our little adventure around the apartments, A smile curved on my face. Sal is such a cool guy, I love hanging out with him, he's already one of my closest friends.

" Closest friend?" I mumble to myself. Saying it felt.. incomplete. Like there was more to it than just calling him that.