-fourteen-

A couple days had passed until It was finally the day me and sal were supposed to go ghost hunting after school but I'm being held behind in school while Travis tutors me. Well he's supposed to be. He's just sitting there, his arms crossed angrily. I hear a knock at the classroom door and open it up. It's Sal.

" Hey, Y/n. Are you ready?" He asks.

" Ah, Sal. I don't think I can make it. I need to be tutored." I say.

" I'm sure Travis wouldn't mind me taking you away to hang out."

" Whatever. Do what you want." Travis says, stomping out of the classroom, his elbow purposely hitting against me as he walks past me.

" Dick." I mumble.

" Well, let's go." Sal says, holding onto my hand and leading me out of the school. He takes me around the town, trying to find ghosts. He's been mumbling something and making nervous movements with his free hand and sheepishly rubbing his neck a lot.

" Are you alright?" I ask

" Yeah just thinking about something. Can you give me some advice?" He asks.

" Of course." I respond.

" So.. I really like this one person, and I want to ask them a.. very important question. I'm just not very confident in myself. I'm scared they'll reject me." He explains. I smile at him but I can feel sadness slowly growing inside my mind. Who could he be so anxious over?

" I'm sorry but I'm not sure how to give advice on that. I can say that you should just go for it. I don't know why anyone would reject you." I say.

" Thanks Y/n. That means a lot... You know, you're one of my best friends right? You really make me feel.. I dont know... loved." He says.

" I'm glad I make you feel like that." I say. We begin walking back to the apartments. He hands me the Gear Boy and I stare down at the screen from a couple of minutes, hoping for any sign of ghosts. I look back up at Sal and see that he's taken his mask off, staring at me.

" The... The moon is beautiful, isn't it? " Sal sheepishly mentions. I glance at the moon. It doesnt seem any different than usual. Why would he bring that up randomly? I just glance at him and respond.

" Yeah. It's gorgeous."