-eighteen-

After last night, Sal explained that he wanted to keep the relationship private, not that happy with the idea of people making a big deal about it. Especially because it'd get to Travis.

" So.. How did it go?" Larry asks. Me, Ash, Larry, Todd, Chug, and Maple are crammed into the treehouse.

" We're just friends." I lie.

" What?!"

" We didn't want to actually date." I say. Ash sighs, disappointed.

" Well that sucks. We were so excited." 

" Yeah, sorry about that guys." I say. I pull out my cellphone and see a message from sal.

" r u done talking 2 them?" 

" yeah, i'm coming down right now." i reply

" Oh, me and Sal are supposed to hang out. I'll see you guys later."

" Have fun!" Ash yells as I leave the treehouse. I run to the front of the apartments and immediately see Sal waiting.

" Hey, sorry that it took long."

" It's fine. I don't mind waiting for you. Did you tell them the lie?"

" Yeah. They believed it."

" Nice, you ready to go?"

" Yep." I respond. He takes my hand and leads me to a almost completely wrecked skate park. He has a blanket laid out on the ground and a bag of food and drinks from a restaurant right outside of town.

" I knew we were coming here, but I wasn't expecting this." I say

" Do you like it?"

" Yes! I love it! You're so sweet, Sal." I say as I pull him into a tight hug.

" Well, we should eat now." He says, walking me over to the blanket. We both sit down.

" Y'know, I never thought I'd find love." He blurts out.

" Why not? You're funny, nice-"

" Y/n. Don't beat around the bush. It's because of my face."

" I don't see what's wrong with it." I say. Sal sighs, not convinced by my words.

" I'm being serious Sal. It's not like you could control what happened." I say. He looks down at the ground.

" Thanks, Y/n. You.. You really make me happy." He says. I can hear his voice beginning to break up. My eyes widen, realizing that he's crying.

" I-I'm glad I make you feel that way." I say. He takes his mask off and uses his sleeve to wipe the tears away.

" Sorry for being emotional. I've just never felt so loved."

" It's fine. It's always alright to be emotional."

" I just can't believe you actually like me."

" Sal, I'll always like you. Unless you were to commit mass murder or something. But, you wouldn't do that."