-eleven-

I slam my locker and look over at Sal, his locker is luckily next to mine.

" Ready?" I ask him. He nods his head. I begin walking towards the classroom, allowing Sal to trail behind me since he doesn't know the way around the place. I walk into the room and find an empty seat, Sal sitting beside me. I look up and see one of the lightbulbs in the room is already flickering and dimming out.

" I never realized how shitty this place is." I whisper.

" Most schools are shitty." Sal says.

" Oh great, you're here." Travis says as he stares at us. This Travis guy, He was here last year too, he's a total asshole and completely homophobic. He thinks his religion is some kind of excuse. He knows who I am but pretends to forget about me every year. I just glance at him then look away, i open my mouth to speak to Sal but Travis speaks up first.

" Hey, don't fucking ignore m-"

" Mr. Phelps, please take a seat." Our teacher, Mrs. Packerton says. He rolls his eyes and sits down in the front row. Class starts, all of us just have to listen to Packerton ramble on about a lesson that won't do us any good in the future. In the middle of it, someone knocks on the door. Mrs. Packerton walks over and opens it up. I try to contain my laughter as Larry walks inside the classroom with discheveled hair and a wrinkled shirt.

" Care to explain why you were late?" Packerton asks as Larry finds a seat.

" Sorry, I slept through the morning, I forgot today's a monday." He explains. Packerton sighs and just continues to give a boring lecture. Sal and me just quietly talked to eachother to pass the time. I can hear his quiet laughter as we make jokes with eachother. I can't help but smile everytime a chuckle escapes his lips, every little thing he does can make me happy for some reason.