A New Face

A New Face

Laying in a reclining chair, was Jackson, sleeping without a care in the world. Serene, quiet, calm..... Until Wyvern appeared.

"WAKE THE FUCK UP!" she screamed as she threw the door open. Waking out of fright he sent himself to the floor and pulled out his pistol, firing a bullet into the ceiling. Glaring around his surroundings, his vision eventually landed on Wyvern. Sighing, he holstered his pistol and began cursing Wyvern underneath his breath.

"Why did you have to do this?" he asked, "you could have shaken me or something.

Wyvern rolled her eyes, "I've been doing all the work. I believe I deserve little fun after all the work."

Jackson walked through the doorway and Wyvern followed. "What did you do exactly?" Jackson questioned, "All I remember is you going to grab the tank."

"I did just that and some more. Plus I found something very interesting~," Wyvern hummed as she skipped aside him.

Jackson raised his eyebrows, "Something interesting?"

"Yep. But I'm not going to show you it yet."

Why?"

"Because it's," Wyvern turned to him smiling, "a secret." Before Jackson could say anything Wyvern entered the garaged. Following her inside, Jackson spied a vastly different Abrams.

"I upgraded it using a TUSK kit," Wyvern explained, "so we shouldn't have too many problems against RPGs." Hopping on top of the tank. "I also improved the firing system with the programs already here."

Taking in the details and nodding, Jackson was looking at something else. Wyvern walked to Jackson and followed his gaze. He was looking at the side of the Abrams. The emblem of a fire-spewing dragon layered plaster on the side of the tank, its visage garnering a sense of nostalgia. It was his emblem, the emblem that symbolized his tank and crew during WW3.

Jackson ran his hand against the emblem, "How did you do this?" Wyvern simply pulled out a 3D-printed outline of his emblem and a couple of cans of spray paint. Jackon nodded and simply gazed at the tank. "So was this the secret?"

"Nope," Wyvern popped, "follow me" They walked through the base once again, eyeing the same rooms they been in previously. Turning into a hallway, all that Jackson saw was a dead end.

"There isn't anything here!" Jackson complained, " did you drag me here to hide your secret from the zero other people here!"

Wyvern smirked, "What do mean? There are other people here." Jackson blanked. What? Grabbing his pistol, he turned searched around for the smallest amount of motion. Wyvern sighed in exasperation and activated a hidden number pad on the side of the wall. Inputting a code, a door opened up, revealing a sophisticated lab with vials, computers, and many other things. Entering the room, Jackson spotted something he's seen before.

"Don't tell me..." Jackson muttered as he walked to the center of the room. In front stood a tall, steel capsule, the same one that Wyvern came out of. "I thought you were the only one!" Jackson said sliding his hand down the capsule.

"That's what I thought too!" Wyvern said, finicking with a computer, "But on this thing, it says that there are dozens of different synthetic humans around the country." Several clicks could be heard as Wyvern worked the computer. "Ah-ha!" Wyvern exclaimed, "It looks like these synthetic humans were never going to be assigned to handlers outright. These ones are meant to be released into the world and wait until contact with handlers."

"But why is it still here?"

"Well... It looks like this one is slated to leave until 2050. But it looks like we can activate it manually."