New Town, New problem

10 miles west of Indiana

January 20, 2039

Jackson stood in front of a wagon filled to the max with people, food, and other supplies. From what Jackson learned from the prisoners was that they were taken from a village somewhere near the border to use as slaves for certain "purposes". He had Wyvern check the everybody for any evidence of that and luckily nothing turned up, only scratches and bruises.

"Mr..." one of the women called out and then stopped not knowing his name.

Jackson turned to her, "Just call me Jackson." It was the same woman who hugged him he cut them loose. She had dark blue hair and looked between the ages of 16-17.

She nodded, "I would like to thank you on behalf of everyone here. You weren't here, I wouldn't imagine what would have happened."

"No need to thank me. By the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Dana."

"Ok Dana, can I have you ride with me and Wyvern? I need you to give me directions to your village."

Dana smiled, "It would be my pleasure."

Nodding Jackson called out to everyone, "Alright we're heading out!" Wyvern entered the driver's hatch, while Dana and Jackson in the commander's compartment. The tank came alive and began to pull the wooden wagon behind them. Soon enough they were back on the road crashing and crushing cars in front of them. Hearing a growling noise next to him, he turned a saw Dana clutching her stomach. "You hungry?"

Dana looked at him sheepishly, "Yes..." Sighing, Jackson reached into a box and pulled out a granola bar.

"Here."

Dana took it with thanks and devoured it. Jackson grabbed another one and tapping Wyvern's shoulder gave her it. "How long till we're there Dana?"

"Not much longer... There!" Jackson looked to where Dana was pointing and saw a number of small houses surrounding a square. Popping open the commander hatch, he watched as the village got closer and saw people leaving their houses. The women and children in the wagon pushed their heads out and yelled and waved to the men coming out of their houses as they drew closer. Stopping the tank the passengers jumped out and embraced their loved ones in a mess of crying and smiling people.

"Dana?" a voice called out. Turning her head, Dana's eyed teared up and jumping off the tank was pulled into the embrace of a middle-aged man.

"D..d-addy!" cried Dana into the man's shoulder, "I thought after we were taken I wouldn't g..g-et to see..." Jackson watched the scene with Wyvern sat at his side.

"Luckily we found them right?" Wyvern said.

Jackson nodded, "Yep." Jackson took a cigarette from his pocket, popped it into his mouth, and lit it.

"When did you start smoking and also you know its unhealthy for you, right?" asked Wyvern confused.

Jackson took it out of his mouth and blew out a puff of smoke, "Always have, and hasn't killed me yet." To be completely honest Jackson only smoked to relax and for the dramatic effect. Wyvern sighed and kept looking towards the reunion. Dana and her father finished their embrace and walked to them. Jumping down from the tank, the man took their two hands and shook them vigorously.

"Thank you, thank you!" cried Dana's father. Wyvern and Jackson looked at each other awkwardly. Before things could begin anymore weird Dana stepped in.

"Dad, this is Jackson and Wyvern, our saviors," Dana announced. Hearing this a crowd piled around them. Cheers and thanks rang from around them and this continued for a while until Dana's father's voice rang out.