Chapter 12

You walked through the hospital halls, flowers in hand. You entered a room to the right with a smile. The room was more like a large suite than a regular hospital room. The elder woman sleeping on the bed would have definitely hated that her family forced her to stay here. She would have rather liked staying in one of those shared rooms so she could talk to other people and hear their interests.

"I brought you new flowers" You walked over to the vase. "I got some exciting news. You remember Kitty Section - my favorite band. Well, I'm going to be working on a song with them. I wasn't sure if I wanted to at first, though. But then I met someone and she... She and I inspire each other"

You walked toward the bed. The beeping of the monitor filled the room. You grabbed hold of the woman's hand and kissed it. "I'm sure you would love her too, grandma"

----

(y/n): So when do we start on that song?

Luka's lips broke into a smile. He had received the text just a few minutes ago, and he never got up from the couch faster. The others looked up at him. They were all here for lunch and were all just chilling in the living room when he surprised them. He stared up at them. "She said yes"

"She said yes?!" Rose perked.

"T-To the song?" Juleka stared at the two of them.

"Wait, we're talking about (y/n), right?" Ivan asked.

Luka nodded. In an instant, they all jumped up and began cheering. Rose jumped onto Juleka and began shaking her out of excitement. They huddled around, talking about what type of song it should be and what type of person you are. All of the noise had gotten Anarka's attention. She joined in on the celebration as soon as they told her.

He couldn't stop thinking about how thrilled he is to work with you. He wondered about where the two of you could meet up. Have some sessions here on the ship, and then some at the park. Maybe even at your place if you were comfortable with that. The two of you could even go and hang out at the cafe and just talk. He has a couple of friends at school, but never ones that share his passion for music - or art in general. He'll finally have a musical friend who isn't in the same class as his younger sister.

Ding!

(y/n): Can we only work over the phone, though? My parents keep hounding me to stop skipping my classes :/

"Oh" Luka's smile fell a bit.

"What? What is it?" Rose asked.

"She said she'll only work over the phone" Luka looked back at them. "'Said she got a busy schedule"

"That's a bummer," Rose pouted and sighed. "In that case, I won't be participating in the writing process"

"How come?" Luka's brows furrowed together.

"(y/n) would probably be more comfortable with you" She patted his back. "I trust that you'd make one rockin' song"

"Yeah, and it'll only create more excitement when we all come together" Ivan smiled. They all nodded.

Luka glanced back at his phone. As much as he would have loved meeting you in person, he understands and respects your privacy. It's not like the two of you won't be able to be friends. His smile returned. That's right. The two of you will still be able to become close friends.

----

Marinette muttered under her breath as she worked on her homework assignment. There weren't any customers in the bakery right now, which gives her the perfect time to study. She has a test tomorrow and can't afford to fail. She promised herself that she'd get good grades this year, and that's exactly what she's going to do.