Chapter 21

Turns out, the meeting between you and Kitty Section had to be postponed for another week or two. Marinette was having trouble with designs and needed time to finish everything. Since she has designed for the band many times before, she's been able to finish their fittings with no problem. But this was the first time she has ever designed clothing for you and she needed it to be perfect. So, after a week you and Luka had finally finished the song, you met up with Marinette and her girlfriends at her place for your final fitting.

This was your first time meeting Marinette's friends, which included half of Kitty Section. You wanted to make a good impression on them and arrived earlier before they did. That way Marinette could calm you down and remind you to just be yourself. Plus, arriving early gave you some time to cuddle. You wished you could have had a little bit of a make-out session but the girls had arrived by then.

"So you're telling me that Chloe - little Miss. Show Off - has a half-sister!" Alix's jaw dropped.

"Yeah, Zoe." You looked at the group of girls through Marinette's mirror. "She's really shy when you first get to know her but is super chill once you do. She's the complete opposite of Chloe, too."

"I can't believe that anybody related to Chloe could be nice." Mylene crossed her arms. "Well, maybe her dad but that's about it."

"Wait a minute. Backtrack, here," Alix spoke. "Would Zoe have a soulmate mark? We know that Mr. and Mrs. Bourgeois are soulmates, and if Zoe's father isn't Mr. Bourgeois -"

"Which means Chloe's mom and Zoe's dad aren't soulmates," Rose added.

"Exactly, which means Zoe's the product of two non-soulmates that are still alive." Mylene finished. "That's super rare. Usually, one parent is taken away by the disease."

You felt Marinette freeze in the middle of adjusting the waist seam. You gave her a reassuring smile. She didn't return it fully but she did manage a small flicker of a smile. That was better than nothing.

"Well, I don't know much about that but I do know Zoe does have a tattoo." You continued. "She showed it to me once. It's a golden flute with a treble clef on it. But, really, she's super sweet."

"I'll believe that if I ever meet her," Alix scoffed before taking a sip of her lemonade.

"Well, you're in luck." You smiled as Marinette adjusted your arms higher. You did your best to hold back the urge to tackle her. "Zoe is going to be coming to the Agreste fashion contest. A lot of my other friends will be there, actually."

"Really? Like who? Any celebrities?" Alya asked.

"A few celebrities, yeah," You chuckled. "But mainly other friends I made when I lived in my hometown. I also heard that a certain famous Chinese chef would be catering."

Marinette glanced up at you, raising a brow. "You don't mean...?"

"Yup!" You nodded your head, happy to see a large smile growing on Marinette's lips. "Your uncle Wang Cheng is going to be catering the event alongside your parents."

"That's - That's amazing!" Marinette jumped in her spot. "My mom hasn't seen him in forever!"

"Okay, well don't tell her 'cause I only asked him if I could tell you. He wants to surprise your parents." You grabbed her hands, calming her down a bit.

"You know Marinette's uncle?" Rose asked.

"He's a friend of my grandma," You turned to her. Marinette had let go of your hands. It stung a bit, but you decided to focus on the lingering feelings of her fingers instead. She took a step back to examine the dress.

"Okay, guys," Marinette turned you to the group. "Thoughts?"

"It's beautiful!"

"I love the style."