Chapter 29

"If I know what love is, it is because of you" - Herman Hesse

Luka stared at himself in the bathroom mirror, fixing up his hair. He was making sure he looked nice before everyone arrived. That's right. Today's finally the day. He finally gets to meet you in person. It's also the day he finally asks Marinette out on a date.

Is it weird to say that he's more nervous meeting you than asking out Marinette? He's more prepared to get rejected by her than to meet you. He's honestly quite used to it by how many times she's done so already. Granted, he never made it clear that he was asking her out during those times and Marinette is so oblivious to his feelings that she doesn't know she's rejected him. However, you're a whole other issue for Luka.

Talking to someone online through text and calls can often come easier than talking face to face. What if the two of you run out of things to talk about and it's just complete silence? What if you don't get along with the rest of the band? Or what if the two of you work great in songwriting but not in performing? There are so many factors he's now thinking of that could go wrong and it's making him nervous.

"Deep breathes, Luka," he said to his reflection. Inhale. Exhale. "Everything is going to go well."

He left the bathroom and walked out toward the kitchen. He shouldn't let his worries get to him. The two of you work well together. If anything becomes awkward, you'd just laugh about it.

"You look nice." Anarka noticed him walk in. "Is something special happening today?"

"Not really." Luka shrugged. Anarka smirked. She knew exactly what today was and seeing Luka try to act cool to cover all of his nerves made her want to laugh a bit.

Juleka walked in, yawning and stretching her arms. She paused when she saw how her brother was dressed. His hair was styled a bit and he was wearing one of his sleeveless tank tops. He only ever wears those for workouts or sleeping in the summer. Never for a performance. She glanced at her mother, who smirked in return. She decided not to think much of it and continued on with her morning.

Luka had poured himself a cup of coffee when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He immediately smiled when he saw your contact.

(y/n): You ready for later?

You get to finally put my face on your contacts

(y/n): Could have done that any time if I just asked but where's the mystery in that ;)

In that case, we have to do matching photos when we meet

(y/n): Deal

As he continued messaging you, he failed to notice the looks his mother and sister were giving him. They could tell that he was talking to you by how his face seemed to brighten. That is only something that happens when he is speaking to you. Juleka was happy seeing her brother smile so much. Usually, when he's home, he tends to be more serious because he's focusing on taking care of her and their mother. She knows that he doesn't want her to worry, but she can tell how much pressure he's been putting on himself. That's how she knows today is a big deal for him. It's a day where he gets to finally meet a close friend in the flesh.

But for some reason, she has this sinking feeling that something bad is going to happen. She hopes that it's nothing.

----

You placed your phone in your bag and took one last look at yourself in the mirror. You want to look your best when meeting one of your favorite bands. You also may or may not feel nervous meeting Luka for the first time. Even though the two of you have exchanged dozens of texts and have stayed up late on call with one another, the butterflies in your stomach just continued to grow.