Chapter 36

Walking into the small alley store, you glanced around at all the strange artifacts. You were never one to go shopping, but Grace and Manu have prided themselves in knowing practically every small and local business store in the city. They always liked to go drag your entire friend group out whenever a new store opened. This antique shop is one that looks like it's been here for years and yet you had never heard of this shop.

Inside was a lot bigger and was filled to the brim with all sorts of antiques. Some of the objects on display in the store look to be thousands of years old. You honestly believe that they belong in a museum. Especially the pair of sais that were on display near the lyre. The handles had these intricate carvings of some sort of bird with long tail feathers that curved. It was painted red-orange, yellow, blue, and green - making you realize that it was a phoenix.

"Hello?" You leaned over the store counter, trying to see if anyone was hiding under it. "Anyone here?"

"So you came." You heard footsteps coming down from the back door. It was the red-orange-haired person that came to visit you at the hospital. The one who gave you the card. "I honestly thought you wouldn't show up."

"I was in the hospital." You arched a brow. "But I assume you already know what I came here for."

"Have you really thought this through?"

"Yes."

Kwan hardened her gaze at you. "Really? You've thought about the consequences that will not only affect you but your soulmate as well?"

You paused for a moment. The thought had crossed your mind once but had pushed it aside before you could think about it any further. "What would happen?"

"Well, he's connected to you," they explained. "Severing the tie between the two of you could cause him a great deal of pain, just like it would cause you. But who knows? Maybe he really loves you but he was just too stupid to realize it."

"Impossible." You shook your head. "I may have serious problems with that guy but I know that he isn't someone who wants to follow whatever the universe has in hold for him and neither do I. So I'm sure if given the chance, he would do the same thing."

Kwan hummed, nodding their head. The corner of their lips lifted just slightly, turning into a smirk. They couldn't help but find the way you discuss your relationship with Luka to be interesting. You hate him and yet you fail to see the similarities between you two.

"Well, that's honestly not my problem," they sighed. "C'mon. Master Fu will see you now."

They gestured for you to follow them past the counter. Just as you walked past the jewelry section, something caught your eye. It was a pendant in the shape of a fire with a ruby jewel in the center. The more you stared at it, the more you felt a strange pull toward the small piece of jewelry.

"C'mon, this way."

Kwan's voice took you out of your trance. That was weird. You continued to follow them through the back.

----

"What are you doing here?"

Marinette looked up to see Kagami glaring down at her. The girl was holding a bag of snacks in one hand and a gym bag in the other. Her intense glare was like a blizzard being sent down. Marinette quickly stood up. "I - um, I was just, uh, just around the neighborhood and -"

"Liar." Marinette let out a small squeak. Kagami's voice was even colder than her glare. "What are you doing here?"

Marinette turned her gaze to the ground. She felt like a child being scolded by an adult. "Adrien was crying so I -"